Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 11:04 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
simmy2462
Student
Options
i uninstalled webair update everything then worked again
0 Likes
Nadine_67
Explorer
Options
I've done this that james and someone else mentioned and it works
My webview's most recent update was at least a few days ago (it had disappeared from the recently updated list in the play store which shows some apps updated 2 days ago) but uninstalling the updates appears to have worked.
Yvetteg
Apprentice
Options
have S9 and this is happening to me too started around same time as everyone else posting here
0 Likes
BRN93
First Poster
Options
Hi Guys im having the same issue started today after i have installed the latest update from Samsung... gmail, hsbc , tiktok so far many app crashing straight away ... what could be the issue and how could i fix ... i got s21 ultra 5g
0 Likes
Nadine_67
Explorer
Options
Try what James and 1 other mentioned on my post as its worked on my phone too (and we've all different models)
My webview's most recent update was at least a few days ago (it had disappeared from the recently updated list in the play store which shows some apps updated 2 days ago) but uninstalling the updates appears to have worked.
Yvetteg
Apprentice
Options
what is webview i cant find it
0 Likes
Nadine_67
Explorer
Options
Go to your playstore under installed and look for android webview, looks like the pic

Screenshot_20210322-231213_Google Play Store_24815.jpg

0 Likes
DesireeV
Student
Options

I've had a S21 Ultra about a month, month and a half now. Never had any issues until about 30 minutes ago. Now all these apps keep crashing when I try to open them. Or if I click on something in the app to go to another part, it'll crash. Tiktok, outlook, google search bar widget, amazon, I can't even get on My Verizon to do a chat with a tech person. I should have stayed with Pixel phones. Had no issues with those.

Yvetteg
Apprentice
Options
thank you Nadine found it, uninstalled updates, phone working now. 🙌
Steinway
Student
Options