Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 10:00 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
Raelou
Journeyman
Options
my S20+ is doing the same thing! it started about 30mins ago
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
mine too, I cleared cache, restarted and nothing worked
Aryan08
Explorer
Options
Probly a bug in the code, I would sit tight for now as many other people are concerned about this, so samsung will clock on and realise they need to fix it!
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
Mine started around an hour ago (21:00 UK time on the 22nd) on my tab s5e. Going off the timing of posts, it seems to have started for everyone around the same time.
clintbaz
First Poster
Options
my apps not working can't get on natwest or amazon
Nadine_67
Explorer
Options

not yet, hoping they'll (samsung) do something soon though, as there seem to be issues globally on this at the moment 

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
android system webview seems to be the culprit. uninstall it's updates. apps back to normal.
Nadine_67
Explorer
Options

Yeah I'm the same, a few times I ran device maintenance it kept crashing on different apps saying they were killing the battery, and they were one's I hadn't even used today, and not reporting the ones I was trying to use that were crashing

JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
The problem seems to be affecting quite a wide range of devices, including S and A series phones, and my tab s5e is also experiencing issues. It doesn't seem to be linked to a system update, as the affected devices will be on different software versions. My guess is that it is an app update (presumably a system app) that has caused the problem, as the different devices are far more likely to have the same app version.
Aero28196
First Poster
Options
mines has been doing this the last hour note 10 plus I'm nearly on the verge of smashing it. but learning we are all having same issue ill wait and see if a fix comes quick