Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Issue

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 02:39 PM)
kell85
Apprentice
Options

Sent my samsung S20 Ultra for repair due to faulty software , now received a quote to repair screen and replace battery. Never requested for the screen to be repaired and now being informed that the software issue wont be fixed unless the repair on the screen is carried out . The screen does not affect the phones use its the software .

Anyone else had a issue with trying to get the software sorted under the warranty ?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
any physical damage void warranty until repaired so if your screen was damaged in any way , it would be chargeable even if the problem you have is software related
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @kell85 The situation is as @kingtom  describes, unfortunately  screen damage would void warranty.   Did you notice anything untoward with the screen?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kell85
Apprentice
Options

No , the phone has always had a Tempered glass screen protector on and this wasn't damaged. 

ChetS
Explorer
Options
Surely Samsung should update the software under warranty and return the phone no matter what condition the phone is in.
0 Likes
kell85
Apprentice
Options

This is my argument with them , disgusting customer service phone not even 12 month old 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kell85: Our engineers, as part of the inspection/repair process, must address any issues they identify to ensure that they aren't a contributing factor, and to prevent further issues arising. In this instance, as physical damage has been noted during the inspection, which isn't covered by our warranty, this would need to be repaired, and a charge would be applicable to cover this. I understand your concerns completely, however this is the standard process to bring the device back into warranty. 

0 Likes