Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Backgrounds

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 02:34 PM)
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend the best and hopefully free app for a background for SMS on my S22. I'm finding the standard white/black a bit boring. Thanks! 
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
App is set to messages
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
Mine came with the Samsung messages and Google messages installed but I prefer Samsung messages so I disabled the Google messages in settings and use the Samsung app only.
Check your settings under Apps.
The indicated app is the Samsung one.Screenshot_20221220_163215_Settings_1000002849_1671554040.jpg
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Ok fathomed that now mate thanks. Now how do I put the samsung one on the bottom bar of the home screen replacing the old one? Thanks 😊
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
If you deactivate Google messages and make Samsung messages the default messages service, Google messages should disappear from the home screen then on the app screen press on and hold the Samsung messages icon till it appears on the home screen and move it to the bottom were you want it. SmartSelect_20221221_123436_One UI Home_1000002889_1671626280.jpg
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Ok thanks do I need to unlock the bar at the bottom please?
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
No when the Google messages icon goes just put the Samsung icon in its place.
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Yayyyyy!, guess whose done it? Me, thanks to you, Merry Christmas 🎅
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
That's great news, you have a Happy Christmas to 🎄
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Cheers mate, I think Samsung members can be very useful when you need support! 👍 🎅
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
It great for helping to fix problems, anybody can help if they see something that they know about and are willing to spare a couple of minutes typing up suggestions, that's why it's called Samsung Community after all.