Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Backgrounds

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 03:52 PM)
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend the best and hopefully free app for a background for SMS on my S22. I'm finding the standard white/black a bit boring. Thanks! 
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
On my S22 all you have to do is open a chat and press the three dot menu and select Customise chat room this way you can have a different background for all your chats .
Note some chats usually no reply numbers you cannot change.
Hope this helps.
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Hi, When I do that the only option I see is to turn off the dark screen. I was hoping that someone could recommend something from the app store. Thanks anyway 😊
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
When your looking at a message press the 3 button menu and select Customise chat room,
Then you have a choice of changing the background colour or using a picture from the Gallery.

That should work. Screenshot_20221220_150914_Messages_1000002847_1671549222.jpgScreenshot_20221220_150932_Messages_1000002846_1671548972.jpg
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
That option is not available to me at all mate
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
That's strange are you looking at a message from a personal contact or a replying blocked message usually you cannot change the background on those kind of messages.
But I've changed the background of my personal contacts this way on my S22 without any trouble.
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
The only options I see are Details, Starred, Archive, Delete, Show Subject Field, Help And Feedback
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
Which text message app are you using this is on the Samsung message app.
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
The Samsung messages app should be installed on your phone from new have you been using a different message app, check your settings under Apps the Samsung app should be there.
I have looked on the Galaxy Store but the Samsung messages app is missing for some reason.
If it's already installed on your phone then changing the default messages app in the settings should work .
Sparx28
Journeyman
Options
Just says dark, light or system default
0 Likes