Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms 2 factor authentication

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 12:49 AM)
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Hello, good day, So, I factory reset my A52 yesterday. and Now I can't receive any SMS 2 factor Authentication text on all my accounts, Google, Steam, Blizzard App and Uplay, I was able to set up the 2 factor authentication for my Phone on Samsung's website, but, They didn't send any SMS, I got the code as a notification. all these apps where working 100 percent fine, as I use them daily. after the factory reset it's not longer receiving any sms texts from them, Like the apps say they have sent the sms, but, I NEVER receive them. I have called my carrier and they have give me some codes too enter on my phone to open the barring, which didn't fix the problem. Can anyone help ? 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Okay, so, I log out of my Samsung account, got the verification code as a SMS message. now, I'm receiving it as a notification. but, Samsung is working. but, Google, Blizzard and Steam aren't, so, feels like it's a problem with Google ? I don't know. but, I have reset my Google password and still no luck with 2 factor.... it's not sending me the SMS..... 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I'm going to send you a link. Open it in your signed in browser. It's to check your number for account and verification.
https://myaccount.google.com/phone
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Better Sharing on Google is turned off. I also took off my A52 and just added it back. tryin to put on Better Sharing and just not receiving any SMS at all.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you checked your blocked call & sms list ? You may have blocked unknown calls & messages accidentally ?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Yeah, idk, Noting is working for me. idk what do to, all the Samsung sms are being sent, but, Google, Steam and Blizzard. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried to do a 'I forgot my password' ? To force it to give you the option of email or sms notifications. This isn't the same as just changing the password.
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Yep, still not working, even my Amazon isn't getting any sms.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried sending a SMS to your own number ?
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Yeah, all my normal texting works fine. 

0 Likes