Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms 2 factor authentication

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 12:49 AM)
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Hello, good day, So, I factory reset my A52 yesterday. and Now I can't receive any SMS 2 factor Authentication text on all my accounts, Google, Steam, Blizzard App and Uplay, I was able to set up the 2 factor authentication for my Phone on Samsung's website, but, They didn't send any SMS, I got the code as a notification. all these apps where working 100 percent fine, as I use them daily. after the factory reset it's not longer receiving any sms texts from them, Like the apps say they have sent the sms, but, I NEVER receive them. I have called my carrier and they have give me some codes too enter on my phone to open the barring, which didn't fix the problem. Can anyone help ? 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Sounds like you need to log in to the main Google account and set it up for a new device. If you have factory reset it, Google will need to verify that it's you logging in to your account. If you don't then the account will have restrictions on it. I had a similar issue with mine. So i had to do a password reset and respond to all the security emails from Google.
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Well, I was able to take off 2 factor on my Pc. but, when I'm trying to put it on back, I'm not receiving the SMS text msg from Google. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
you say you are not receiving the sms messages, that will just be because of the way your authentication is set up. You first need to check that your network settings are reset and you can receive sms from Google. Then do a password reset and review your two factor authentication. I.E. phone number & email address. Then you need to review your security activity on the main account and remove any previously signed in devices. Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

Hey, Thanks for trying to help me out, really appreciate it! I have tried resetting my password, that worked fine because my 2 factor text verification is off, but, when I'm trying to put it back on, you have to enter your phone number at the end. and I do, but, I'm not receiving any sms msg's for me too activate Google's 2-Step Verification, I'm also having the same problem with my Steam app, Blizzard app and so on, basically any app that uses SMS verification. I have tried all the settings I can find online, none seems to work for me..... So, I can get in my Google account just fine, because the 2-Step Verification is off, but, I would really like to get in to my Steam and Blizzard to take off the 2-Step Verification also, and I can't.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It sounds like a problem with your network provider. Which one are you using ?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
KenneyBear
First Poster
Options

I'm using a carrier called Digicel. I'm from Trinidad and Tobago. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It may be something to do with the location settings etc on your network. Maybe Google is non detecting the correct area for the country codes. I'm not quite sure if it is your sim card or not. If you are receiving other sms messages then it must be something on your account information that needs looking at.
0 Likes