Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartSwitchPC.exe Ordinal Not Found

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 05:22 PM)
Members_wOlXOJK
First Poster
Options

Samsung Switch fails to run on my Windows 10 PC: After installation (without error) it reports this error on start up: SmartSwitchPC.exe - Ordinal Not Found; The ordinal 12404 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\program files (x86)\Samsung\Smart Switch PC\SmartSwitchPC.exe. It works on another PC! Per Samsung Support I tried another browser, clearing cache etc, but nothing helps.  

14 REPLIES 14
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
First of all, uninstall Smartwatch from your pc, then RIGHT-CLICK the START button on your pc. Next, click on POWERSHELL (ADMIN), then type in the following command: sfc /scannow then hit the ENTER key. Allow the System File Checker (SFC) to check for errors. It should normally repair any hiccups for you. When this has finished, enter this command line:
chkdsk c: /r (FYI, this translates as CHECK DISK C: then REPAIR any other errors). You may see a prompt, advising that the disk is currently "locked", and will ask if you want to run this command at next reboot, offering a Y/N scenario. Type Y at this point, then click to RESTART your computer. CHKDSK should now run a 5-stage repair/check of the disk. This may take a bit of time, so chill out with a cuppa at this stage. Once CHKDSK has finished, your pc will reboot to the normal login screen. Once logged in, try reinstalling SmartSwitch. Hopefully, it will now run as expected.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You need to install Microsoft C++ Redistributable on your PC

0 Likes
Stenr
Journeyman
Options

Does not help. Did just change nbr to 13194. Thius seems to have happend after some recent win 10 update. It did work properly last time I used smart switch, probaby in june or july. How to diagnose?

punjabi_yaara
First Poster
Options

I am getting the same Error while installing SmartSwitch on Window10.

"Ordinal 13194 could not be located".

Please help, how to solve this Error ?

0 Likes
CodeFox
Journeyman
Options

Install Microsoft C++ 2008 x86 redistributable. Just resolved the problem for me.

Members_TdLY84P
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

i have the same error , my laptop is brand new. i installed smart switch but it's impossible to launch it .

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_TdLY84P: Do you have a Windows laptop, or a Mac? For Windows laptops, have you installed Microsoft C++, as per the advice offered by @CodeFox ? If so, what happens when you attempt to launch Smart Switch? 

0 Likes
Stenr
Journeyman
Options

Did not help, as above. Have all the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015-2019 redistributables installed (Why all these - does not new versions replace old? What if installing older (eg 2008) on top of the newer?)

Why does not Samsung fix this issue by updating Smart Switch so it works?

0 Likes
andrewstatic
First Poster
Options

just uninstall the c++ 2008 redistributable and reinstall. repair didn't work for me had to completely uninstall.