Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart view issue

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 12:18 PM)
Liamkabi
Pioneer
Options

Hello, after I made new updates for my Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra I'm having issues to use smart view to connect to the TV it shows sometimes the phone trying to connect in the TV screen but it end no connection and sometimes nothing shows in the screen TV I tried to off the TV and the phone but still same can't connect. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Liamkabi, is your Note 20 Ultra and TV connected to the same Wi-Fi network? Some TVs may require you to switch inputs or turn on screen mirroring and depending on the TV, you may also need to enter a PIN or allow access to complete the connection. You can also try using your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect the TV to the phone's network to see if Smart View works correctly. 

0 Likes
Apperantice
First Poster
Options

Facing same problem with my note 5 and A12. No smart view icon. Cast view also could not detact smart tv even both tv and phone connect to same wifi network.Samsung seem purposely disable mirroring function. Keep going around the bush by keep saying must connect to same wifi.. original smart view using wifi direct.. no need for both device connect to same wifi.. hopefully samsung cut the ***** already and fix it

JTM92
First Poster
Options
Having same issue. I can cast from within apps like Netflix no problem. My partner can screen mirror to the TV no problem from OnePlus android phone. Connected to same WiFi. Smart View icon available and switched on - it can't detect any devices. My phone (S21), tablet (S6) and partners tablet (S6) can't detect any devices for smart view - we have 3 devices we can usually screen mirror to). Definitely a Samsung issue.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all, can you confirm what TV are you trying to connect the devices to? Are these Miracast ones or Chromecast? 

0 Likes
Yousry Saber
First Poster
Options

My phone device is Samsung A12 and the tv is LG UHD TV AI ThinQ.
I have the same problem as others described, as after the update I can't find the smart view icon in the quick settings panel. I tried to use Chromecast but it didn't help either.
I also tried other apps but no vain while other old Samsung devices still have smart view icon and can share easily.
PS. YouTube share screen is working well, so I guess something went wrong with the latest update of the android, Kindly fix it ASAP. 

Matty8282
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG SMART TO TV SAMSUNG PHONE SMART VIEW... Okay the reason you're probably not able to connect is you have to enable Wi-Fi direct on your television first...So open your Wi-Fi settings in the top right corner with a three dots are click on Wi-Fi direct you should see your TV appear under devices. Choose your TV. A pop-up on your TV will appear, choose "ALLOW" connection on TV.

FYI "CarolL" is misinformed....You CAN'T use your phones cellular hotspot and screen mirror via Smart view from the same phone or device. Smart View uses Wi-Fi direct, so an error message pop-up appears in Smart View saying. ("TURN OFF MOBILE HOTSPOT? To use Smart view mobile hotspot must be turned off""...So it's impossible. A Mobile hotspot can be used as TVs network.... However you can't enable Smart View and cellular hotspot using same device/phone...

0 Likes