Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch Outlook syncing stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 03:49 AM)
Suzyq
Apprentice
Options

I have used Smart Switch on a monthly basis for 2 years to sync my Outlook contacts and Calendar from my laptop to my Samsung S10+.smartphone

Since the last Samsung update on my phone last week, the sync is failing.

I've uninstalled Smart Switch on both laptop and S10 phone with no success.

Has anyone else experienced this recent problem or can suggest a fix.

Thank you

24 REPLIES 24
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I use Google Calendar & Contacts now as it's totally seamless syncing with the phone, would definitely recommend, it will still also sync with Outlook on your P.C.
Suzyq
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply Kev. I'll look into Google Calendar. Cheers
0 Likes
MMRB
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem and I am furious. Smart switch on the pc hangs where it says importing outlook folder, for an eternity then stops. If I cant sync to outlook then my phone is useless now. 

MMRB
Journeyman
Options

I need samsung to FIX this I need to use outlook ! Samsung sort this out now please !!!! 

Suzyq
Apprentice
Options

Since my original post with this issue in September I am still having problems syncing my outlook from my lap top to my Samsung S10+. I've persevered and updated software/installed/reinstalled Smart Switch many times. I'm also experiencing hangs whilst it attempts to copy my calendar/contacts/to do lists - usually to eventually say it's failed. I have found a  partial work around by excluding contacts in the syncing and only copying  my calendar which eventually works. 

Still not the easy weekly syc I have been doing for 2 or more years. Samsung - pls fix this problem

Tim70
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same problem sync Outlook with Note 8. Used to work then started stopping, worked around by start syn again & it would come up with inconsistency & asked which to use.  This then worked, but with Smart Switch update of 5 March 2022 this  no longer works as it gets partially through  & then  drops out, ie SSwitch simply closes down whilst updating appointments. Also I find that multiple entries are inserted for same appointment. I have tried reinstalling SS on phone but to no available, also deleting cache & data on phone Ssw app.  Am unable to go back to previous version of SSwitch on PC, it just indicates that I have the latest download.

Any ideas?

MMRB
Journeyman
Options

I ended up looking for an older version of smartswitch 4.2.21034-7 and downloaded it after removing my old one and make sure you do NOT let it update. I also checked my outlook 2007 file on my computer and compressed and repaired my pst file which did seem to make a difference as smartswitch wasn't syncing my note 9 with outlook which was the whole point of it. Eventually I could sync calender,contacts and tasks. I did them one by one not all at once . It drove me crazy smartswitcj is dreadful software. I am still using the older version now and will not update it. 

Tim70
Journeyman
Options

MMRB Appreciate your prompt response, I'll try & see how I go.  

Cheers Tim

0 Likes
MMRB
Journeyman
Options
I hope it works for you. My SS failed when I needed to backup before a major Samsung repair! The engineer ended up making a file of my local calender entries from my phone which I could load onto my PC so I wouldn't lose data and then afterwards I spent time looking at outlook which did seem to need some cleaning up but the main fix was the older SS software. I hate the fact that during SS sync it isn't capable of recognising whether pc or phone versions of data is most recent and forced to select for everything entry which to keep. It is utterly prehistoric and badly programmed.
0 Likes