Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart card season ticket

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 12:36 PM)
JunaidV
Student
Options

So upon some investigation the transport cards section on the Samsung wallet (pay) app does not currently support rail smart cards. These smart cards are used for season tickers (weekly, monthly, yearly) for rail journeys in the UK, these physical cards often use NFC technology. I have asked the Samsung help page and the transport section on the wallet app supports oyster journeys and a bank card to be linked. I was just wondering if this would be worth adding to the software.

#SamsungPay #Wallet #TransportCard

3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @JunaidV ,

Cheers! 😊

I've forwarded your suggestion to the software team. Not sure if the current lack of support for rail smartcards is due to software or some other restriction, but in any case me or one of the other moderators will let you know what we get back from the developers. 

AntS
Options

Hi @JunaidV , Some follow-up on this one. The developers were unable to provide an answer for rail smartcards specifically, but generally speaking they're planning on expanding the service boundary of the app in the future - so I'm guessing there's some potential in that. 🤔

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JunaidV   Certainly would be some demand for supporting rail smart cards,guess a bit of a waiting game though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.