Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder 'Show Content' Notification only when logged in

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 11:20 AM)
Leicesteraz
First Poster
Options

When I started to use the secure folder on my Samsung Note 8, I used to be able to have the content of the message hidden and it would appear when I logged into the secure folder.

This was also the case when I upgraded to the Note 20 Ultra. For some reason I cannot do this anymore and I can either have content showing all the time, or it remains hidden regardless of if I have logged into the secure folder or not.

Can anyone help? I have been through all the settings and I can't seem to figure it out. It was very handy to see notifications when I logged into the account, especially as some app notifications don't repeat in the app, so sometimes you have no idea what the notification was for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I have this same issue, it started after updating to One UI3.0.
It's a known issue, as others have complained about the same issue in the app reviews in the Play Store.
Hopeful they will fix it in the next update
0 Likes
liggerz87
Explorer
Options
not sure but have you checked if it's the always on display setting maybe not sure tho
0 Likes
rschmitt
First Poster
Options

OneUI Version 3.1
Installed secure folder a couple of days ago. Installed messenger app threema work.
Switched on "display content" and "hide content on lockscreen".

Now i get notified when i receive a message in threema in secure folder,  with content hidden.
But every now and then a notification comes with content displayed, even though the secure folder had not been opened for a while.

weird!

0 Likes
Tadex
First Poster
Options

S22 Ultra, One UI 4.1  - same problem... The notification shows as "Content Hidden" regardless of whether the Secure Folder is locked or unlocked. It is wierd and very annoying. Samsung, It is the BASIC functionality of notifications.

0 Likes