Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second-class customers

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 08:36 PM)
Avengis
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have been owning Samsung devices since the Galaxy s2, and currently I own a Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra.

Unfortunately, that will change as I will be switching to iPhone or another brand next year, The reason? I'm fed up of being treated like a second-class customer from Samsung.
First of all, we always get the worse chip Exynos (in Europe), which has always been behind the competition (Snapdragon) in terms of performance, battery life and even photo quality.
Secondly and most annoyingly, I'm unable to download many of the greatest Galaxy Store apps such as Good Lock with really great apps such as QuickStar, One Hand Operation+, or the new Expert Raw camera app. Even when using a VPN, I'm forced to remove the SIM card so that the phone doesn't know that I'm in my current country (Spain), which now I can't easily do since I'm using an e-sim so it doesn't allow me to remove it as easily as I could do before with a regular SIM card.

It is really shameful and utterly discriminatory for a large company like Samsung to give their customers different access to their products and features depending on the country they live in.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Honestly fair enough the region lock stuff is so stupid and the exynos chip has been bad in the last few phones but they are upgrading them soon with AMD graphics and arm CPU cores which will be very good.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Galaxy Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are Snapdragon phones here in Europe. So you can get them here.
I don't think the Exynos chip is quite that bad. Ive had a number of Snapdragon phones that were not great, and it's down to software optimisation.
I will agree about Apps like Expert RAW. I know here and I'm sure in a lot of places, Good Lock should be available. But it depends on how popular they are in a particular market I guess.
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Also personally I would say don't go for an iPhone because they will lock you into there eco system and will then give you no freedom
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Hi, I've had samsung phones for years, and honestly, I find the exynos chip very good, of course that's maybe because I've never had the snapdragon chip, but it's that age old saying, what you've never had you don't miss.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
From leaks and reports its seems like the new Exynos chip is being delayed due to poor performance. Also Samsung removed the promo material for the chip which is highly suspicious.
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Oh wait really bruhhhhhh.
I did hear something about thermal throttling a while back but idk if that's why.
0 Likes