Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Read/Write Error - S9

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 09:31 AM)
Sol A
Apprentice
Options

Lately, mysterious things keep on happening on my Galaxy S9. First, the people calling me (incoming calls) cannot hear me when I speak but when I call them they can hear me. Now, there is a read/write error that appears and I cannot copy files to or from my SD card. My SD card is working fine though! Why do these things keep on happening? Samsung, fix these issues. I now have an inclination to go back to Apple after these things happened to me since I never experienced these issues when I used Iphone.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
First of all, back up your phone. Once that's done, perform a hard reset. Its most likely that your device is 'choked' by several Mb of useless cache files, and detritus from old apps you might have removed. It might also be an idea that, while you are in the hard set screen, to first of all wipe the cache partition. After that reboot, and perform the hard reset.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The read write error is an issue with your SD card, not your phone.Replace it and remove your tin foil hat. I've never read such drivel as your conspiracy theories about Samsung and then as per usual we ge the "I'll move to iPhone" threat which ironically don't use SD cards. Not exactly an original post but certainly an uninformed one.

Sol A
Apprentice
Options

My SD card is working fine. Whatever, go ahead and believe what you want to believe. 

0 Likes
Sol A
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I've tried this and other possible countermeasures but still didn't resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your SD card was working fine, you would be able to write to it. The problem you are experiencing happens from time to time and means the card needs repair/replacement. I only have 40 plus years of mobile phone experience but if you prefer to believe made up stuff, that's up to you.
You may find this informative https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/fix-sd-card-read-write-error/
0 Likes