Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen recording

(Topic created on: 27-10-2023 05:29 PM)
pleyland
Apprentice
Options

Why on god's green earth did they remove the ability to screen record? I can still do it using ADB commands, specifically

adb shell screenrecord /sdcard/example.mp4 

Which shows that the function is there, it's just not accessible by normal means. I have tried everything to get this working.

Can someone explain to me why this is the case? What am I supposed to do now?

using an A24

11 REPLIES 11
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
What device are you using please? not really much details in this post.
0 Likes
pleyland
Apprentice
Options

Yes because I know that there is no solution. I' am just angry, and I want to vent. A24

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
If u pull down the notification panel, tap the 3 dots on the top right hand corner, then oress edit buttons u can find the screenrecorder there then drag itonto the main notification panel and press done.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Theres seperate apps to screen recprd anyway. what vers of ONE UI are you using?
AndrewL
Options

@pleyland: This is not a hidden feature, however some entry to mid-level devices do not support the Screen Recorder. If it is available on your Galaxy A24 then it can be accessed via the Quick Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom using 2 fingers. Alternatively, head to Settings > Advanced features > Screenshots and screen recorder to clarify if the feature is supported on your device. 

pleyland
Apprentice
Options

do you not think, given the fact that I already resorted to command prompt, that maybe I would have tried that already?

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah sorry! Just thouvht the one thru notification panel cld have been more tucked away. Cause a lot of stuff I mever find until I go and edit the buttons that can be on my notification panel.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
like Andrew said its only available for certain devices, if your device does not have it, then so be it basically.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No need to be rude dude, people in here just trying to help