Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SamsungPay: smartphone and watch with different CSC country codes

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 11:18 AM)
demiluk
Student
Options

Hi all, 

I live in Switzerland, bought a Swiss Samsung Galaxy phone in a Swiss shop, and want to use SamsungPay with my Swiss bank account.

Checking my phone firmware I found the following: I have a multi region firmware (CSC code-part: “OXM”), manufactured and configured for Switzerland (CSC code-part: “ITV/AUT/AUT”), with Swiss simcard (CSC code-part: “ITV/AUT/AUT”), but actively accessing software services from Italy (CSC code-part: “ITV/AUT/AUT”). This most likely happened because, when I switched on the device for the first time, I did it with an Italian SIM card on it.
I believe this being the reason for which my SamsungPay is now telling me I can only register Italian Bank accounts there.. and there is no way to set SamsungPay back to Switzerland, as far as I know (but please correct me if you know a way to change this!!)

Now my question is: if I buy a Samsung Watch now, here in Switzerland from a Swiss shop, will I be able to use it in any way with a Swiss banks? Or will I be locked again to Italian banks being my SamsungPay account settled there? 

Thank you all for suggestions on how to work around this issue... already write both to Swiss and Italian SamsungPay customer service, but no solution found yet...... 😐

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

could you give us your device software information? Post some screenshots here (Settings > About phone > Software info).

Could you also give us a screenshot of the Italian message error? 

Samsung Pay works according to the market in which the device is sold, so if you buy a Swiss Smartwatch you'll be able to use Samsung Pay localized for that market.

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

demiluk
Student
Options

Ciao Danitudi971,

thank you very much for your help! :smiling-face:
Here you can find attached the screenshot with my current software version. 

About Samsungpay itself, it is registered in Switzerland (and this is a parameter I cannot change) Also, there is no message error. Simply, as soon as I try to register a Swiss bank, he I got the message that only Italian banks are supported (with the following lists of Italian Banks such as CheBanca! / Unicredit / etc.).

Unfortunately, having switched on my phone on the first time with an Italian SIM card, it is now actively accessing software services from Italy (CSC code-part: “ITV/AUT/AUT”). Ideally, I should try to decouple the Samsung-pay website portal from my current software phone. But, apparently I do not know how to do this. 

Thank you in advance if you have any further suggestion here:) 

Luca 

Screenshot_20201107-120723_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

There shouldn't be problems in adding Swiss banks' cards on the Italian Samsung Pay, this is why I asked you for the message saying that only Italian banks' cards are accepted.

Did you check on Swiss Samsung Pay page that your bank is in the list of Samsung Pay compatible cards? You can follow this link: https://www.samsung.com/ch/samsung-pay/

You're facing this most likely because your card may not be compatible with Samsung Pay. Try also contacting your bank if you check it as a compatible one, to see if your payment card is supported on Samsung Pay.

I have also had a look on your software Information and I can confirm that you are using a Swiss device with running Italian Services 😎

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby