Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Trade In

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 04:04 PM)
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
Guy's Is this email I received genuine?
Samsung Trade In / MTR Group stating my Trade in phone has screen burn and I need to make a payment to complete the order?
Anyone else get this?
Seems genuine just wondering 🤔 
Jim
21 REPLIES 21
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
About 2/3 weeks
0 Likes
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
Thought it was all good after nothing back at 1 week, have to say screen burn was not visible to my eyes, really think its a great scam for them! Offer you £500, then demand money back!
0 Likes
Joshkh
Pioneer
Options
Seriously.....thats a joke....it only use to be a couple of days. So they have your phone, and god only knows what happens to it during that time and then tell you it has a fault. Glad i looked at comments before i sent mine back, had it checked independently....just in case. Thanks for reply
DFW1
Pioneer
Options
Do you mind saying how much they asked for.
0 Likes
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
£75
0 Likes
Joshkh
Pioneer
Options
Wouldn't that also mean, that the phones or screens in particular, with Samsung designing them for everyday multiple uses, were infact not fit for purpose?
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
My grandad traded in his old s5 and had no issues
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

if convinced MTR are not correct certainly contact Samsung, however case is helped  if you have photographic evidence.

Aware that  some customers have experienced frustrations with the trade in, however other members do not have issues.  When I traded in it was a smooth process and I received the value I expected.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options

@jimsouthstand:  If you have any concerns about the inspection of your Existing Device, or wish to discuss the result of this inspection, please contact MTR on 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk

jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Andrew, as I posted earlier I do not have the technical ability to say if the screen burn was legitimate or not, I'm assuming that it's genuine otherwise a firm the size of Samsung wouldn't be using them! As I also said, I couldn't detect any Screen burn with the naked eye, and have paid them the £75 they asked for which made the £500 trade in not seem so good! EBay prices were better but thought I would go with Samsung save any hassle!
0 Likes