Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 SM-G950U

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 01:50 PM)
Silviu1
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

I have one Samsung S8, a European model, and I tried to change the screen with UK model screen SM-G950F and doesn't accept it as it's restarting all the time. I need to buy one LCD SM-G950U and I can't find it anywhere in the UK. Any advice on where I can get it? Please it's urgent. 

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The sm-G950U is a US model, not European. Use Google to source.

0 Likes
Silviu1
First Poster
Options

My bad, yes. I did try to use google but I can't find it anywhere in the UK. The reason I'm asking here, maybe someone can guide me. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There probably isn't much demand for US parts in the UK as it would be a limited market. Samsung UK wouldn't stock them as warranty claims have to be dealt in the country of purchase.
The thing that surprises me is S8 screens aren't interchangeable. It may be worth checking out the part numbers to see if they are different. Perhaps there's another reason the phone keeps restarting?
0 Likes
Silviu1
First Poster
Options

I can't find any other problem than that, when I connect the old (original cracked screen) g950U ..works well... once I connect g950F screen, the phone starts to restart itself.  I looked on the motherboard and everything else looks ok. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I hunted high and low and am usually good at finding things in the net but couldn't find a screen outside of the US, sorry.

0 Likes