Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s21 ultra ant+ not supported

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 02:41 PM)
paulsheff
Apprentice
Options
Just spent over an hour of wasted time on support chat Just trying to check on ant+ and why not working on the phone. Never got a straight answer. Why can't people just be clear and honest does it support or not. I mind me annoyed as doesn't but not as much as not getting straight answer. My guess is it no longer supports ant+ so don't waste your time trying to get it to work
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Correct, Ant+ is no longer supported, sames as Pixel and other devices.
paulsheff
Apprentice
Options
yeah not great news,, just don't know why support couldn't just tell me that rather than stringing me along for over an hour
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
this is a major problem on new android phones because ant+ is absolutely on everything health fitness wise.
does anyone know why Google and Samsung has done gone down this road
0 Likes
paulsheff
Apprentice
Options
no had to order a Bluetooth hr monitor
0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
I was disappointed too.. I used my S10 plus a lot for fitness.. S20 Ultra doesn't support it and the S Health app no longer monitors blood glucose and heart rate..
0 Likes
paulsheff
Apprentice
Options
s20 worked with my hr monitor so ant+ was supported
0 Likes
mgiven
First Poster
Options

Instead of switching over to bluetooth versions of products you've already invested in (like HR monitors), it is MUCH cheaper to just use an ANT+ receiver (thumb drive or stick versions). Many might still have these around  since they were standard on older watches that used ANT+ to send data to computers before that was done through bluetooth. If not, you can get ahold of one cheap on ebay. To get it to work you'd need to plug it into a USB to USB C cord or adaptor (also cheap if you don't have one). Older Samsung phones (S8/S9) used to have these adaptors in the box. SO...plug the ANT+ receiver into the adaptor/cord and plug into your S21 and you're good to go on ANT+. 

0 Likes
Boogs
First Poster
Options

Hi I've got  a new tab s6 lite which has ant+. 

CAN'T GET  IT TO WORK WITH  OR WITHOUT A DONGLE.

HELP PLEASE 

0 Likes
mgiven
First Poster
Options

Did you download the ANT+ software from the play store to your device? there are like 3 programs to get ant+ to work. 

0 Likes