Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S20+ 5g messing about!

(Topic created on: 25-06-2023 03:32 PM)
Desiress
Apprentice
Options
Can someone please help me?

Up until yesterday afternoon I could make in app purchases and install apps from play store. Suddenly when trying to make in app purchases through any app; I'm getting- "Error, no WiFi connection, please check your WiFi and try again", But I am connected to WiFi. Also when attempting to install any apps I'm getting "Something went wrong, please try again later", and it's nothing to do with storage space. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5g. I have tried many things including a reset of all settings with no fixing it. It's seems I am only left to try a Factory reset which scares me. If I do a factory reset will I still be able to access the restore from backup via my phone, and will I lose all of my extremely important notes if I do a factory restore? 
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Desiress: Are you still able to access other web based apps without issue? Before you proceed with a factory data reset, please try unplugging your router at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in an wait for the calibration process to complete. Following this step, enable Wi-Fi on your Galaxy S20+ and try downloading an app from the Play Store once again. If the issue persists, try removing your router from Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, then re-add it to see if this helps. You should also attempt to connect to another Wi-Fi router, a friend or family members, as this will help to determine if the issue lies with your home router. 

If you do decide to perform a factory data reset, then you can backup your personal data to your Samsung and Google accounts via Settings > Accounts and backup. For your Notes, head to the Samsung Notes app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Sync with Samsung Cloud, and follow the on-screen instructions. By registering your Samsung and Google accounts on the device following the reset, your personal data will be re-synced, including your Notes. For further guidance, please refer to the steps in the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...