Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 5G - incoming calls can't hear me

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 03:05 PM)
DaveN1
First Poster
Options

When I answer any incoming calls the caller cannot hear me but I can hear them. If I then ring them straightback conversation is heard both ways?

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@DaveN1: Do you have a Bluetooth headset connected to your phone, which you're using during calls? If so, please try disconnecting it temporarily to see if you notice an improvement. If you have a case or cover on the phone I'd also recommend removing this to ensure that it isn't obstructing your mic. Also, when a call comes through, try placing it on Speaker to see if the caller is able to hear you. 

If you're still having issue, head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Mic, and follow the on screen instructions. Does this return any errors? 

Notters
Student
Options
Thank you AndrewL, everything you have suggested I have carried out, even switching off phone and refitting the sim card but still the incoming caller cannot hear me but I can hear them. No problem with my outgoing calls. The Samsung Members app>Get Help>Interactive Checks>Mic returned NO faults. Any further suggestions please?
Ted250
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same issue, did you find a solution !?
Notters
Student
Options
I turned the phone off, took out the micro sd card which is very precise in its seating in the fitting slot. Refitted the sd card, carefully shut the drawer and then rebooted the phone. It worked for me and callers can now hear me. I can't confirm that it will work for you but happy trying.

Mark_S_
First Poster
Options
Same issue..no SD card..
Meliss
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same íssue. I've just shut Bluetooth off entirely, speaker phone doesn't work, and when I select ear piece they can hear me, but then I can barely hear them, even thou my volume is maxed out. This has been an issue since i got the brand new phone from Verizon in February 2021. 

0 Likes
l1sa
First Poster
Options
I am having this problem. Did anyone figure out what it was or how to fix it
0 Likes
L_Stevenson94
First Poster
Options

Hello, I was experiencing the same issue on a samsung galaxy s20 fe. What I done to fix mine was removed the back cover, remove the 7 screws located at the bottom of the device. Remove the loud speaker and then finally one more screw to remove the charging board. Be careful removing the cables going to the charging port board. If you look closely there is a very small rubbery square thing what I'm assuming is the mic protection muffler thing (I've added a picture). I simply removed that from the device so there was nothing in way of my voice and the mic. People can hear me fantastic again. Problem solved.

Thank you.

1000001424.jpg

L.Stevenson