Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rcs Not working. Chat settings says register failed

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 09:26 PM)
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Long story short. I had to take my sim out of my galaxy 20 note ultra to a dinosaur Samsung phone to contact my husband as my phone was not fully charged. Once house power was back on I charged my phone and inserted my sim back in. The chat in samsung message however had changed from the RCS (I think that's what it is called) that it was before. When I go to open chat messages it tells me what it does and I click on ok. Then it does this glitch thing and comes up registration failed. I've tried everything to clearing storage to all the possible YouTube quick fixes and nothing works. I'm still using mms. I can use google messages with RCS fine but I hate the layout of it and just want my original set up back. Anyone else have similar problem or have a solution. 

31 REPLIES 31
Rach s21 Ultra
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue on my s21 ultra.

It used to work then I had to factory reset and use a temp phone. Now my ultra is back up running chat registration keeps failing.

Did anyone get a fix?

0 Likes
Members_S4UOwxi
First Poster
Options

Ive switched to Google messenger now, not sure why Samsung suddenly stopped working for me, cannot register with it at all.

0 Likes
Coley1730
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Did anyone get this fixed? I have Samsung s20 ultra and no rich communications option. Registration failed and chat settings grayed out.

0 Likes
Britt23
First Poster
Options

I feel like I have tried every workaround on this thread and nothing works. I hate Google messages and don't want to use it. Can switching between the 2 message apps cause issues? Because while trying to sort this I've gone back and forth a bit. It's terribly frustrating 😫 

0 Likes
RobbieMac
Apprentice
Options

Bang on, this worked a treat. So simple how could I have not worked this out. Thank you sir

RobbieMac
Apprentice
Options
Note: I think registration failed initially due to my SIM initially having a different number, then me changing it with a PAC code. I would have factory reset my new phone again as I still have my previous Samsung, but that would have been unnecessarily laborious.
0 Likes
RobbieMac
Apprentice
Options

If anyone missed one of the previous responses, the fix is, go to settings>connections>more connection settings, and toggle off Rich communications. Then go to Samsung messages, settings, chat features should not be greyed out. Chat features should be toggled on too within that. Upon return to Rich communications screen, that too is toggled back on. Thank goodness. 

0 Likes
Members_EDNIvNT
First Poster
Options

Legend!!!! Been bugging me for ages!! Toggled it off and on again and bingo

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Sorry for the late reply, only just seen a notification from this post on my phone, also maybe it's not activated on your network!
Contact your network provider.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Could be.
0 Likes