Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rcs Not working. Chat settings says register failed

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 03:22 PM)
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Long story short. I had to take my sim out of my galaxy 20 note ultra to a dinosaur Samsung phone to contact my husband as my phone was not fully charged. Once house power was back on I charged my phone and inserted my sim back in. The chat in samsung message however had changed from the RCS (I think that's what it is called) that it was before. When I go to open chat messages it tells me what it does and I click on ok. Then it does this glitch thing and comes up registration failed. I've tried everything to clearing storage to all the possible YouTube quick fixes and nothing works. I'm still using mms. I can use google messages with RCS fine but I hate the layout of it and just want my original set up back. Anyone else have similar problem or have a solution. 

31 REPLIES 31
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

So this morning my samsung message RCS is back on by accident so I will post what I did step by step. First of all i do not know if this has anything to do with it but like I said everything could be causing the no registration. So I changed my back ground theme back to a normal samsung one. Previously I had downloaded a theme and also txting theme is back to normal. Perhaps the RCS is not compatible with them. Who knows. Anyways I also went to google messages, setting, chat features and slide the enabled chat features off. Then I went down to advanced and to learn more. It send you to a google page about turning advanced messaging on and off. There is a little section where it says to deregister your phone number with other devices. It sends you to a page to put your country and number in and I did that and it said number unregistered. I then went into my phone settings to apps, samsung messages and clicked message settings, chat settings and turn on. This time it asked for my number to register it and it was successful. This is nearly a month now since resolving this issue. I tried everyday to turn it on since then and just waiting for it to fix did not work. After doing this it did. I hope it helps others and if not I am sorry 😬

0 Likes
Bonelessdata
First Poster
Options

Hi, i am having this issue now on my samsung s21 ultra 5G, i cant even turn it off and on it just says to register and when i do register it, it comes back registered failed and also when it does it, it glitches as well i tried what you said above and still does not work.. i really love the chat features 😔 just want them to work as it was working before and all sudden stopped

DazH
First Poster
Options
Mine says registration failed when I go to chat settings rich communications on please help
0 Likes
linny68
First Poster
Options
Hi I'm having the same issue, clicking on chat settings only gives me option to register but that comes back failed, this technology is very annoying

Any advice welcomed as prefer chat messaging
0 Likes
Jase77
Apprentice
Options

Could you post the link to deregister the phone number?

0 Likes
Sajidh15Kareem
First Poster
Options
leahmullin
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20211123-224304_Settings.jpg

 i am getting thr same problwms when tryikg to register for cjst featurs but as you can see my rich comminications are turned on. It keeps saying registration failed. Do you think i might nred it to my local samsung store amd see if there js a pronlem with my phone. I kmke its not my sim as i have a new sim to see if thst was thr problem but its still doing the same thing 

0 Likes
ellearx
First Poster
Options

OMG this worked for me! Thanks so much for sharing ❤️

0 Likes
Humble_brick
First Poster
Options

It's working!!! 

I've tried everything mentioned for months and it still didn't fix the problem: glitching then registration failed would pop up.

This is how I was able to get it to work:

1. Settings

2. Apps

3. Messages

4. Clear cache and FORCE STOP. 

5. Go and see if it works!

Hope this helps someone!

0 Likes
Tage Moore
First Poster
Options

I don't see 'rich communications' I have the a11. Does anyone have any advice?

0 Likes