Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, please do something to allow users to block texts coming from email addresses.

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 09:09 PM)
Fantastic49
Apprentice
Options

iPhone allows you to block these spam messages. My provider doesn't seem to be able to block them. What's the solution? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Fantastic49 

If you go into the Messages app > 3 dots (top right) > Settings > Block numbers and messages > Block numbers, does this allow you to block these messages?

0 Likes
Fantastic49
Apprentice
Options

Hello, these text messages do not come from phone numbers, so the "block number" option is greyed out. The text messages come from email addresses.  So, for example, instead of the sender showing as 301.555.1234, the sender shows as johndoe24@gmail.com. There are multiple spam texts and they are all from different email addresses. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

I see! Would it help if you were to mark the email addresses as Spam in your email app?

0 Likes
Fantastic49
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, that would not help because these are not actual emails. Though they come from email addresses, they are text messages. There is no spam folder. There needs to be an option to "block email address" specifically or "block sender" generally.

0 Likes
Fantastic49
Apprentice
Options

Oh, by the way, it is not a solution for me to have all email addresses blocked by my provider. I already contacted them and they do not do this.

0 Likes
Fantastic49
Apprentice
Options

I still have received no solution.

0 Likes