Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 02:39 AM)
spartanfc
First Poster
Options
Please why is my barclays bank card not supported by samsung pay on my phone(samsunggalaxys9)
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @spartanfc ,

Barclays does not support Samsung Pay. It might be worth giving them a nudge to see if they have any plans to team up in the future though. Here's a link to our Samsung Pay website, where you can see a list of participating banks: https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/#Partners

You may also want to have a look at our Samsung Pay+  a digital card that lets you pay across all your bank cards via the Samsung Pay app: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/samsung-pay-plus-faqs/

ElDodrigo
Explorer
Options
Completely agree with @TessM: Samsung Pay+ works with Barclays. Barclays seem to want to push you to use their app for contactless payments. Samsung Pay+ (thanks to its partnership with Curve) makes it possible to use it contactless, also getting a Samsung Pay card for in case you can't use your phone. It also takes away the contactless limit imposed by banks!
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I ended up using Curve as a workaround, but note you will run into purchase protection issues.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I use curve and had no problems you can use multiple cards and if you paid on a wrong card it can sort it out
0 Likes
Cartman04
First Poster
Options
I couldn't get into the curve,it kept asking for password & sign in and I couldn't get no further.So I deleted it and went onto Google pay and it works fine. I'm using the S22+
0 Likes
bartsass
Student
Options
I actually use barclays pay as if it goes wrong then they are responsible so long as you have followed their rules. You get a false card number linked to your card that way it avoids scammers
0 Likes