Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay workaround possible?

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 12:45 PM)
Hikari
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys. I am knew here at the community and wanted to ask you if guys know any tricks to make Samsung Pay work for me. I have Galaxy Note 10 and Watch Active and I would like to use it on both devices. The sing is I am with TSB which is not Supported by Samsung Pay and bank have confirmed that they have no plans to add the support. I was researching quite a bit and I found out that in America you can register Paypal account with Samsung Pay, why this isn't possible in UK? I was hoping that I can maybe use another online service like Revolut or Skrill but none of them is listed as Supported by Samsung Pay. I seen on the list of supported banks entities like Prepaid Financial Services, Perfect Card or Engage Account but I do not know how they work. I would prefer to have virtual debit card that I could link to Samsung Pay rather than opening another current account. Please guys, don't suggest changing banks this won't work for me as my partner works for TSB and she won't let me do that :face-with-tears-of-joy:

So my questions are... Is there a service that will offer virtual debit card that I can link with the app and just prepay my balance before I use it? Do you guys know if Samsung has plans of adding Paypal, Revolut, Skrill or other service like that in UK? Is there any other trick I can use to take advantage of Samsung Pay?

I was even thinking to use VPN so phone would thinik I am in USA and then try linking the Paypal but I didn't do it because I wasn't sure if that's against T&C and found out that I would need to flash American Firmware which isn't possible because of Exynos/Snapdragon SoC's.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Hikari.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I just received my Curve Card this morning. 

Unfortunately Samsung Pay is still saying that the Card Issuer is not supported.

Hope this wasn't a waste of time creating a Curve Account. 

Did you have to set the country as UK when adding the billing address of the Curve Card?

0 Likes
Hikari
Pioneer
Options
Hey DOS

As far as I am aware. Curve Card will only work in UK. You need to have your Samsung Phone from official UK distribution and be resident of UK to register with Curve Card. Samsung Pay support different banks and financial services in every country and Curve Card workaround is for UK. For example Samsung Pay users in USA can use Paypal account with this service but users in Europe need to look for different ways.
0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks, but I have the card, so that should be fine, but for the Samsung Pay to accept the Card when adding it, do you need to do anything out of the ordinary?

Are you based in the UK?

0 Likes
Hikari
Pioneer
Options
I am based in UK and I got my Note 10 from o2 as well. I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary just registered it with Samsung Pay without issues.

Maybe check in your Curve App Account settings if you by accident didn't toggle "Lock Card" on? 🤔
0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

That may explain it. I'm in Ireland, when I saw your had written TSB, I thought you were also in Ireland.

I got a Curve Card delivered here, but I cannot register it on Samsung Pay as it says Card Issuer is not verified, this may be because I'm on an Irish network.

I've even tried with a UK Sim Card and turning off Location (as it searched for location during the card verification). It is a bit of a joke that a card can't be added when the card issuer is the Samsung Partner. 

Thanks for your help. I'll have to keep searching.

0 Likes
IrishTechFan
First Poster
Options

I have been able to add a Transferwise debit card to Samsung Pay (with a USA billing address). I've recently moved back to Ireland so in 2 weeks time I will test out using samsung pay in an Irish shop to see if they allow the payment to go through. Transfer wise cards process payments in the local currency if it has a balance in that currency so I should be able to add money to the account in Euro and Pay in local currency Euro, despite the billing address being in USA. 

Not sure if it will work but worth trying if you are able to sign up for a Transferwise debit card using an Irish billing address and adding that - because Transferwise Banking is listed on the Samsung website as being supported. 

Here is an invite link for you if you want your first currency exchange to be free on Transferwise - if you ever intend on using it abroad! https://transferwise.com/invite/a/liams156

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi there,

Would you mind uploading a screen shot of the error you receive when you try to add your card?

Also, have you tried to contact Samsung Pay support and see if they can help?

Cheers

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
0 Likes
Members_INMWxFA
Journeyman
Options

Hi Everyone,

I finally found a solution for a UK Curve card to work with a non-UK device. I live in the UK and recently purchased a Samsung Active 2 from the US so it would obviously come with US Samsung pay. I ordered a curve card from the UK and added my UK bank's debit card into it. I then added this curve card to the samsung pay (Gear Wearable) and specified the zip code as 00000 (as the Samsung pay is the US version) to activate it. I have done 2 transactions successfully using the samsung pay (which has my UK curve card) in my GWA2. Very happy that I found a way to pair your curve card (if it is available in your country) to your non-country Samsung Pay

0 Likes
Members_INMWxFA
Journeyman
Options

Hi Everyone,

I finally found a solution for a UK Curve card to work with a non-UK device. I live in the UK and recently purchased a Samsung Active 2 from the US so it would obviously come with US Samsung pay. I ordered a curve card from the UK and added my UK bank's debit card into it. I then added this curve card to the samsung pay (Gear Wearable) and specified the zip code as 00000 (as the Samsung pay is the US version) to activate it. I have done 2 transactions successfully using the samsung pay (which has my UK curve card) in my GWA2. Very happy that I found a way to pair your curve card (if it is available in your country) to your non-country Samsung Pay

0 Likes
Maday
First Poster
Options

Hi, did the transfer wise card work with samsung pay in shops? I'm also looking for a workaround, I'm in Ireland

0 Likes