Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay workaround possible?

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 04:09 PM)
Hikari
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys. I am knew here at the community and wanted to ask you if guys know any tricks to make Samsung Pay work for me. I have Galaxy Note 10 and Watch Active and I would like to use it on both devices. The sing is I am with TSB which is not Supported by Samsung Pay and bank have confirmed that they have no plans to add the support. I was researching quite a bit and I found out that in America you can register Paypal account with Samsung Pay, why this isn't possible in UK? I was hoping that I can maybe use another online service like Revolut or Skrill but none of them is listed as Supported by Samsung Pay. I seen on the list of supported banks entities like Prepaid Financial Services, Perfect Card or Engage Account but I do not know how they work. I would prefer to have virtual debit card that I could link to Samsung Pay rather than opening another current account. Please guys, don't suggest changing banks this won't work for me as my partner works for TSB and she won't let me do that :face-with-tears-of-joy:

So my questions are... Is there a service that will offer virtual debit card that I can link with the app and just prepay my balance before I use it? Do you guys know if Samsung has plans of adding Paypal, Revolut, Skrill or other service like that in UK? Is there any other trick I can use to take advantage of Samsung Pay?

I was even thinking to use VPN so phone would thinik I am in USA and then try linking the Paypal but I didn't do it because I wasn't sure if that's against T&C and found out that I would need to flash American Firmware which isn't possible because of Exynos/Snapdragon SoC's.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
DannyT
Options
Hey @Hikari!

Have you tried Google Pay? They are compatible with Lloyds TSB!

Welcome to the Community!

Hikari
Pioneer
Options
Hey DannyT

Unfortunately Google Pay is not compatible with my Samsung Watch Active. If I want to use my watch to pay I have to use Samsung Pay for it. I have got Google Pay setup now but I can only use it on my phone and I need to remove my handset from the case every time I want to pay. I am using ZeroLemon battery case and it is to thick for nfc to work. To make my life a little easier I thought I could use my watch instead.
DannyT
Options

Hmm... Unfortunately, we don't have any information on when or if PayPal is a feature our Samsung Pay Team are working on enabling. We do know, they are working hard to bring more banks to Samsung Pay every day!

0 Likes
Solution
Hikari
Pioneer
Options
Hey @DannyT

I have actually found a solution to my problem. I just found out that Samsung Pay support "Curve" which is a card where I can link my TSB Card with it (I don't have to apply for new bank account) and then link it with Samsung Pay.

Still if by any chance in the future Samsung will decide to enable PayPal compatibility like it did in USA I would rather use that option because I have no hope at all for TSB joining the party.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Nice work. Glad you got this sorted! I'll mark your answer as an accepted solution as it might help users with the same issue.

And yep, I agree, it would be nice for PayPal compatibility. I'm sure the team are working on it at the moment.

Boevets
First Poster
Options

Very interested in this potential solution - does the Curve card work with samsung pay then? 

Means I can get the samsung galaxy watch with samsung pay rather than a generic wear os watch with google pay instead

thanks

0 Likes
Hikari
Pioneer
Options
It works for me. I have linked all my cards to the Curve Card using the app then linked Curve card with Samsung Pay on my phone and watch. Good thing about it is that you can go back in time with your payments if you decide that you used wrong card so then you can change it. They can also send you email receipts for all the payments you do. Very easy to manage on the Curve app as well.
0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Hikari ,

Any trouble of late? Did you have any trouble getting Samsung Pay onto your phone?

I have a Watch Active2 and the S20 and want to use the watch to pay. It'd be great if this works. I've applied for the Curve card. I'm only planning on adding my Revolut card at the moment.

0 Likes
Hikari
Pioneer
Options
I did not run into any trouble using Samsung Pay. All works perfectly fine with my Curve Card. 🙂