Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pay wont accept my card?

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 12:35 AM)
Marc2k19uk
Apprentice
Options

Why wont Samsung pay accept my card? I'm with Barclays one of the biggest banks in the uk. A major issue for me as I bought the phone on that premise. Luckily for me I'm still in my cooling off period if I cant get it sorted.

18 REPLIES 18
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Marc2k19uk: Barclays have their own independent Mobile App which is why it's not supported by Samsung or Google Pay. Check it out on their website via the following link:

https://www.barclays.co.uk/ways-to-bank/mobile-banking-services/contactless-mobile/

Marc2k19uk
Apprentice
Options

The one on there app is absolute *****, any way of using the inbuilt one? Or am I going to have to change bank or phone? 

Appin
Journeyman
Options

Change your account to another bank!

You can, of course, put their app on to your phone and once you have things set up, it's easy enough to switch between different payment apps.  There is, however, talk from within Barclays of possibly making their cards work with Google Pay -- haven't heard whether they're considering Samsung Pay as well. Many Barclays customers are very unhappy that though Barclays allow their cards to work with Apple Pay they won't allow them work with Samsung Pay or Google Pay.

Tristan8
Apprentice
Options

Switch to Apple, my contract is up in 2 months and both apple pay and apple watch support Barclays as well as all the other major banks that samsung still hasn't managed to work out a deal with over the past few years. Its a shame really as I've been with Samsung since the S3 yet they seem to not care enough to sort out something as huge and day to day as mobile payments.

Tristan8
Apprentice
Options
yet its supported on Apple pay and apple watch.
0 Likes
Tristan8
Apprentice
Options
Recommend phone, apple pay and apple watch support barclays.
0 Likes
Appin
Journeyman
Options

The problem with the Barclays app is that it demands to be the default app for payments.  And it's not all that good, either.

0 Likes
Appin
Journeyman
Options

Sure, the Barclaycard app works -- but it demands to be made the default app, so it's a case of switching default apps each tme one wishes to make a payment, unless you use ONLY Barclaycard

0 Likes
Appin
Journeyman
Options

The basic problem is that Samsung Pay have failed to reach an agreement with any of the major UK "High Street" banks, and unless or until it does, it remains largely irrelevant in the UK.

There doesn't appear to be any progress on this matter, either, so Google Pay have largely cornered the UK market.