Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay UK - Lloyds bank

(Topic created on: 29-10-2017 08:55 PM)
DMI88
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have got Samsung pay on my S8+ but my bank (Lloyds bank) is currently not "yet"supported. :smileysad:

Would anybody know if they will definately be supporting this?

65 REPLIES 65
Hotflushblondie
Explorer
Options

Went in Lloyds bank last week i spoke to the branch manager asked him when would we be getting Samsung pay he said we have Google pay and Apple pay i said yes I know but will you  in the future be getting Samsung pay as i would like to pay with my gear watch as it only supports Samsung pay .I use Google pay on my note 8 .Told him to get with the future lol 😁

Umbrokhan
Pioneer
Options

still no samsung pay for Lloyds bank soon will be New Year 2019

0 Likes
nexy33
Pioneer
Options

Next phone well be Huawei flagship in 2019 and the matching Android wear watch, gear s2  unsupported watch now in drawer, frontier and Samsung pay unsupported with lloyds, don't give a ***** how good the s10  is I want usable functionality and not just Flash ***** features, Samsung owner since s2 , sick of their excuses like other languages coming to bixby on the s9 well it's a year neatly and still no support for UK English

0 Likes
NuttyN
Student
Options
Vote with your feet like I did i Joined Nationwide they support Samsung Pay and i got £100 quid for changing banks too they also sort out all your payments and direct debits too
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

To make things worse, Lloyds bought MBNA (provider of credit cards) and has stopped people using thir cards with Samsung Pay. I don't think this is an ommission by Lloyds, more a policy. Such a shame. As @NuttyN has suggested, I shall probably be voting with my feet.

0 Likes
Bezbozny
Explorer
Options

My Lloyd's card works just fine with Google pay. It s a pity that Samsung pay is not supported by any of the major English or Scottish banks...

0 Likes
Umbrokhan
Pioneer
Options

For UK users you don't really need Samsung Pay its exactly the same as Google Pay. 

There's no extra benefit by using Samsung Pay in the UK. 

So Samsung Pay is useless and bloatware for UK users. 

For America USA is different story USA will benefit by using Samsung Pay. Do your own research to find out more.

0 Likes
Rokie88
Student
Options

It's about using your smartwatch to pay. We don't care for samsung pay, we use google pay, we wish samsung would pull the stick out of their ass and push for lloyds to come on board or allow google pay on their smartwatches!

wilko331984
Journeyman
Options

Exactly this. I've been waiting forever to use my watch to pay for stuff. Its convenient and Samsung have blocked Google pay from being installed on it. I don't understand the difficulties with it? Surely it's fairly straight forward for companies this big? 

Wilks
Apprentice
Options

If they added PayPal like in the USA then it would make things a bit easier if its attached to a card.

My teo banks aren't supported but with the tiny few that are I can just assume it's been a fail in the UK.

Shame.

0 Likes