Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay thinks I'm in Germany - help!

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 06:45 PM)
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
So I got my z flip 3 delivered today. Very happy indeed with it however something weird is happening with Samsung Pay - I just can't use it! It's not available to download from galaxy store so got from the play store instead. But when I open it it it comes up with a page in German and I can't proceed. I used Samsung Pay regularly so really need this feature! Can anyone help?
35 REPLIES 35
zs786
Journeyman
Options

Did this issue ever get resolved because having purchased the Galaxy Z Fold 4 i am getting exactly the same issue - Samsung Wallet is pointing to Germany with no option to add a Debit card. Only option is to Order a Samsung Pay Digital Visa Card offered by the Solaris Bank which are German. How these issues occur for a flagship phone costing over £1500 that has been purchased in the UK from the official Samsung.co.uk Website is beyond me. I see no solution was posted to this thread so just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same on a Fold 4?

0 Likes
lmerritt45
Student
Options
I didn't find a solution unfortunately and have had to result in using Google pay instead
zs786
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, i have done the same. Appreciate the quick feedback
0 Likes
Gwad
Student
Options

I thought I would reply as I think it's important that people read the following:  This is what I received from Samsung Technical support after experiencing the same issue. Cut to the chase - my phone is going back to Vodafone to be replaced by one made for the UK market - there's no other option

"The log files provided, shows that this phone was made for the European market, Germany to be specific. This is why the Samsung Wallet app is requesting a Zip code made of numbers.

You will only be able to use Samsung Wallet if your device has the software version made for the UK. The reason for this restriction is that the Samsung Wallet application works in different ways depending on the country (different features, different compatible banks, devices and different promotions).

Since the your device was made for a different country, the software version cannot be changed to match a United Kingdom device."

zs786
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this info.

It is crazy that customers in the UK are getting phones that are meant for the EU Market. I purchased mine from samsung.co.uk - when you purchase from the official manufacturer you would expect they are sending you a unit for your local market. It seems they have been doing this for some time i have come across countless threads for owners of S21, S22, Flip 3 and now the Series 4 Fold Phones. Its just really bad that Samsung are still doing this - and then trying to get support is next to impossible. The Samsung Pay UK team appear to be on holiday as its next to impossible to get hold of them!

With regards to Software version mine just shows as OXM_EUX not sure if that just a specific version for EU or a particular country, Either way it should be whatever the UK version is.

With regards to a previous post that a Carrier Settings Update should appear - that has not happened and ive had the phone since release day.

If sending the phone back for another unit is the only option then that is a serious inconvenience to customers as you inevitably without your main phone for a few days, and whenou are logged into many apps and have lots of data it's not a simple process of setting up on a new device.

Also on a side note managed to get a response from Samsung Pay Germany who are unable to pass the message to a UK Team for some reason but they did mention the below:

---

The only thing we can tell you is that if you have a device with a german provider software version you can only install the german Samsung Wallet App.

You can check this as follows:

These are the german vendor software versions: DBT, DTM, E28, VD2, DCO. 

Information about the carrier code of your Galaxy can be found under "Settings > Phone info > Software information > Carrier software version".

---

Now my Samsung Pay is in English just does not give an option to add a UK Debit Card only to apply for Samsung Pay Card via a German Bank!

Google Pay is a decent alternative in the meanwhile and also works on Samsung Watches, im just a little concerned now with these different software versions and wonder if that would prevent the phone receiving future updates. 

The mystery continues - ill post any other useful update or info i can get

0 Likes
Gwad
Student
Options
Samsung Pay support were helpful, they suggested going to Samsung Pay > Settings > Contact Us > Error Reports > then detail your problem and attach the logs, it took them 2 hours or so to reply with the above answer. I'm just grateful i'm in the return period
0 Likes