Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay thinks I'm in Germany - help!

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 09:25 PM)
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
So I got my z flip 3 delivered today. Very happy indeed with it however something weird is happening with Samsung Pay - I just can't use it! It's not available to download from galaxy store so got from the play store instead. But when I open it it it comes up with a page in German and I can't proceed. I used Samsung Pay regularly so really need this feature! Can anyone help?
35 REPLIES 35
DannyT
Options

I came here to let you all know about the new update, but as usual, you've all beat me to it.

Restart your phones and the new update should be available for you. Hope you're all still enjoying your Z Fold and Z Flip 3s! 

Welcome to the Community!

Sandy_mm
Explorer
Options
How did yu get the update ? Any manual process did yu follow ?

I'm also on Three UK but I'm not getting the required update and because of which Samsung Pay shows in German.

No matter how many times i restart the phone with wifi off, uninstall samsung pay, reninstall, factory reset etc, it still didn't trigger the carrier settings update. Even during the device setup, it says some problem with Carrier settings and asks me to proceed further.
Three is not so helpful and also Samsung Support team the less said the better.
0 Likes
Members_eUStxB2
First Poster
Options

Was this resolved,  I am having the same issue. Was told by samsung to take sim out wait for 1 min and restart the phone, but no luck.

0 Likes
Sandy_mm
Explorer
Options
Nope. Not resolved .. As i said, contacting Samsung Support is just a waste of time. They just try to say the same thing to remove sim and restart the phone. But that doesn't seem to resolve the issue. And even I tried contacting Three UK customer care. They told if I'm able to make calls, use internet without any issues then there is nothing much they can do. But since i insisted they ordered a replacement sim. Hoping that the new sim will atleast push the carrier settings update.

Samsung should resolve this with some update rather than leaving it to Carrier updates. Buying such a costly phone and not able to use the OEMs own app is just a joke.
0 Likes
lmerritt45
Student
Options

I am having the same issue on my s20. Have restarted my phone and app still looks to be the German version?

0 Likes
Members_F5Hftda
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix ?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Members_F5Hftda. Have you restarted your phone and updated the software? 

0 Likes
Members_2cAXhFy
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my Flip 3. Got it a week ago, still stuck on SAOMC_SM-F711B_OXM_EUX_12_0061 EUX/EUX/-/VD2.

I'm based in Sweden, have rebooted both with and without sim inserted and wifi on/off. Tried three different SIM-cards. No luck in triggering any provider update, and Samsung Pay has text in german and won't let me add cards.

No VPN, and booted the phone with a SIM-card first time.

s_pay.jpegs_ver.jpeg

0 Likes
Puja_S
Student
Options

I got my S22 last week and yesterday the Samsung pay updated to the wallet automatically. After that, i can not simply use it as it's not letting me use the app. It is asking a lot of questions which is fair enough for the security but it thinks I'm in Germany .. sending me an email in german. Saving Phone code in +49 where I'm in the UK, should be +44. Most of all in the postcode option it is not letting me type letters it will only allow numbers. UK postcodes have letters and numbers in them. I have uninstalled and restarted the phone almost 5 times now since yesterday, but still the same problem. Please help me. 

0 Likes
Puja_S
Student
Options

I got my S22 last week and yesterday the Samsung pay updated to the wallet automatically. After that, i can not simply use it as it's not letting me use the app. It is asking a lot of questions which is fair enough for the security but it thinks I'm in Germany .. sending me an email in german. Saving Phone code in +49 where I'm in the UK, should be +44. Most of all in the postcode option it is not letting me type letters it will only allow numbers. UK postcodes have letters and numbers in them. I have uninstalled and restarted the phone almost 5 times now since yesterday, but still the same problem. Please help me. 

0 Likes