Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay says my card info is invalid

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 07:31 PM)
BarbsLDSR
Student
Options

I have a new S20 and when I try to set up Samsung pay with my card it says "Registration failed. Card information is invalid, please try again." This error appears after I accept my banks terms and conditions, so its being recognised enough to show the correct Ts&Cs.

This card has been working fine on my old Note8 so I know it's supported.

19 REPLIES 19
Tals
First Poster
Options

hi,

I have the exact same issue and my card was registered on the old S10.

Wvt
Student
Options

I have the same issue too with my Samsung S20+. Could register the same visa credit card on my old S8 but somehow it doesn't work with this new phone 

0 Likes
Djgolfer12
Student
Options

Hi I'm having the same issue with my new S20 Ultra. I have a service ticket in with Samsung support, has your issue been resolved? Just wondering how long it will take to get this issue fixed? Thanks 

0 Likes
BarbsLDSR
Student
Options

Hi,

I tried again after maybe a week and it worked.  I think maybe the system needed time to recognise the new device but I cant be sure.

I received zero help from anyone I asked.

Wvt
Student
Options

I spoke to samsung's Live Chat team and they asked me to try the following (after each one, try registering card again. If it doesn't work, try the next thing on the list):
1) Delete samsung pay cache 

2) Uninstall and reinstall Samsung pay app

3) Deleting your card details from Samsung Pay app in your old phone

4) Contact your card issuing bank and ask them to remove the token associated with the samsung pay of your old phone

The first 3 didn't work for me. Not sure if the last one will work but I've been told by my bank to try again after 2 hours. So, fingers crossed! 

Djgolfer12
Student
Options

Update: I finally got my Visa card uploaded on my Samsung Pay App! I found out from US Bank that my token was never removed from my old phone/number, so that was not allowing me to upload the card to my new phone since the number was the same. Once the US Bank rep deleted the existing token that was associated with my old phone/number, the card took on my new S20 Ultra.  It was not a Visa issue like the Samsung Rep/support team told me. 

Wanted to post just incase someone else is dealing with an existing card upload issue. 

Janice_Ong
First Poster
Options

Thank you. You saved me from keep trying. I cleared the cache on my new phone. And I deleted samsung pay data from my old phone.

0 Likes
Urbsta
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, after replacing my broken S8 with a new one. Unfortunately the old phone is broken and will thus not allow me to remove the card from it. Was asked by Samsung support to factory reset the brand new S8 but I simply don't believe that to be a reasonable measure. I tried emptying caches, uninstalling the app (except the Pay Framwork which is not possible to uninstall). Bank claims they have removed the old Samsung Pay token but given what you guys say I will definitely ask them to double check that once more. If I find anything out I will post here.

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All,

If you have problems adding your cards to Samsung Pay on a new device I would suggest the following:

1.Delete your card from Samsung Pay from your old device -> Card Details -> Delete Card

Note: Resetting Samsung Pay/Clearing Samsung Pay Data/Factory reset your phone - will not tell your Bank that you have removed your card from Samsung Pay, only deleting the card from Samsung Pay as per point 1.

2.If you cannot delete the card from Samsung Pay (you have already reset it, it's broken, etc.) contact your card issuer and tell them that you want to revoke (delete) your card from Samsung Pay. Banks can check how many tokens are enrolled in wallets (Samsung/Google/Apple) and on which devices and have the technical capacity to delete those tokens.

Note: Token = card registered in wallet (Samsung Pay/Google/Apple)

Each bank has a certain number of tokens allowed on each PAN (also known as long 16 digits card number).

Bank A allows 5 tokens

Bank B allows 8 tokens

etc.

Each time you add your card to a wallet on a unique device (phone, watch) you use one token. When you Factory reset, clear data, etc. but you do not delete the card from wallet, the token is not deleted and it's taking one of the existing slots. 

When you register a card from Bank A to your phone, you use 1 token (4 remain), then you reset your phone and add the card again - you use one token (3 remain). When you add the card to your watch, you use 1 token (2 remain), you get the idea.

When you run out of tokens, you get an error / your attempt to register the card is denied by bank/etc.

Goodluck

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |