Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay+ on Watch 5 Pro not working on TFL (London)

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 09:50 AM)
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

So I've used Google Pay for years and it's always been seamless, fast and convenient. I've decided to give Samsung Pay a go since I got a W5P recently. So, I'm using Curve to use my debit card, it's a bit weird as it's a digital card that then charges my actual card but whatever.

On Samsung Wallet app in the Phone I have it set as Transport Card as well and it works perfectly. Though on the Watch it doesn't work, at all, it works fine for payments at any store but not for TFL transport, I always get a "Seek Assistance. Use one card" message on the Tube terminal.

Anyway to fix this?! I have no idea what to do here. Contemplating going back to Google Pay (Can you use Google Pay on the Watch without opening the app btw?)

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi - i had the exact issue yesterday, checked everything was fine, this morning I restarted my watch before entering the tube and it worked fine.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

I did a reboot as well after reading your post (both buttons pressed at the same time) went to Sainsbury's and trying to pay with the Watch made the payment terminal flicker like mad, just turning its light on and off... what the hell. Took out my S10+ and paid with the phone instantly.... 

Not sure what's going on here.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Both button reboot, one button on my watch.

What about TFL did it work after the reboot?

I found M&S installed new tills, my watch did not work either, a staff member rolled her eyes and said the new tills don't work with the watches and phones.

Maybe its something to do with MST support.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hmm "Seek Assistance. Use one card" did not spot this also, are you sure you selected a default travel card ?

0 Likes
dembow
Explorer
Options
If you mean the Transit card option in Samsung Wallet, this only works when using your Galaxy phone (tapping the terminal without unlocking the phone). Sadly this option doesn't exist on any Galaxy Watch. You can still pay by holding the Back button on the Watch, but it's not possible to simply hold the Watch and pass the gate which Apple Watch owners can do.

I have the Z Flip 4 and continue having awkward moments across London where terminals regularly fail to read the Transit card as I try to pass the gate, something I never had to deal with with iPhone or Apple Watch. Even when paying at stores with the Galaxy Watch 5 it will frequently take embarrassingly long to read the card and make the payment. This is with latest and greatest mobile hardware from Samsung.
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Yes. On the phone, I only have one card (Monzo) which is being used through Curve which emits a digital card aka Samsung Pay+, since Monzo isn't natively supported on SPAY. I set it as transport card. It works fine with my phone and the physical SPAY+ Card they sent me. The only issue is with the Watch and you can't do anything on the watch apart from importing the card you have on your phone, so nothing about setting up as transport card (on watch)

0 Likes
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Right. Glad I'm not the only one.

I've got Transport Card ON on the phone (same debit card) and it works fine with the phone (Always have to swipe up to bring up SPAY) on both TFL and shops. 

Watch doesn't work at all on TFL and even yesterday, in Sainsbury's it made the terminal light on and off multiple times, like it was attempting to read the NFC signal and glitching out. Took out my phone and instantly worked. This is one of those things that are making me ponder on moving over to Apple's ecosystem which I've always been against IMO. Using Google Pay is an option (it works fine on my phone) but that means having NFC always ON (since SPAY can turn it ON and OFF automatically) and losing one button shortcut on the watch.

0 Likes
Pip512
First Poster
Options
Also have the same issue with Galaxy Watch 5 on TFL, saying use one card. If I try several times, sometimes it works. This is with Google wallet and just one registered card.
0 Likes
r0bin
First Poster
Options

I've had the problem for a while on the Galaxy active 2 watch. Randomly get "seek assistance" when I try to use the tap to pay. I did wonder whether it was also trying to read my phone at the same time as I did get the use one card" error on other vendor terminals sometimes.  So have tried turning NFC off on my phone and keeping the watch away from the phone.  I think this helped a bit but still have occasions when it doesn't work...generally when it's very busy with a que of people behind me !  Which also suggests the watch can't handle too much signal interference from surrounding devices.  Am curious to know if Google pay on the watch has the same problem.

0 Likes