Samsung pay on gear s2

(Topic created on: 07-02-2018 11:55 AM)
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

95 REPLIES 95
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

I'm interested, what are we talking about in terms of cost to get this together?

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

wrote:

I'm interested, what are we talking about in terms of cost to get this together?

I don't know yet. I think we may be able to use the small claims court which is peanuts. Give me some time though as I'm busy at work so  can't spend much time currently. What we will need to do is consolidate our "evidence". Do any of you have original packaging etc which mentions compatibility with Samsung pay.. list of URls. We could look to gather somewhere. Let's all have a think and maybe create a better place to communicate /share stuff 

0 Likes
CristianS
Apprentice
Options

I have the original packaging, but doesn't have nothing useful. 

0 Likes
AntonChigurh
Explorer
Options
I used their "contact the CEO" function on their website and got a response basically telling me to p.ss off!

Thank you for your recent email to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the features available to your Galaxy Gear S2 device, and I hope to provide some clarification. 

We must confirm that at no point upon release and sale were the Gear S2 specifications advised to have compatibility with Samsung Pay. While this was taken under consideration for this model prior to release, it was not advertised as a selling point once released. 

Therefore whilst regrettable that you feel the next steps would be escalation to trading standards mediation, we will of course address and provide our defence as such. 

I recognise you remain dissatisfied with our position; however this will remain full and final.

Ginja
Apprentice
Options

Doesn't exactly inspire brand loyalty does it! I mean regardless of standpoint you are a dissatisfied customer with many more options in the market, surely they shouldn't be so arrogant and at least attempt to tie you into their products and services?

0 Likes
NigelAyres
Journeyman
Options

Please keep us updated. I'm  considering a similar move. 

0 Likes
AdammmmmB
First Poster
Options

Any more updates??

I eventually got sick of waiting and switched out to a Huawei watch and I'm much happier with the software and actually being able to use something like Google Pay, but dispite that I still miss the look and feel of the Gear S2....

This has very much put me off of purchasing another Samsung product and I feel massively ripped off. 

I will stay tuned in and would like to assist anyway possible with taking this issue further.

Cheers.

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

I  have not forgotten - just busy. Heard back from Samsung and got the expected we will not refund / replace line. I am therefore going to go to small claims court once I have confirmed a couple of things with citizens advice around my maximum liability. I think we have very strong case 

Sigwx
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Sigwx
First Poster
Options

A Samsung reference

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060166/

Though, not specific on which July 18

0 Likes