Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pay not yet available UK

(Topic created on: 26-12-2017 01:10 PM)
SamUnderwood
First Poster
Options

I got my galaxy S8 a week ago and I downloaded Samsung pay not ling after but when I launch it it briefly shows a loading screen saying 'checking availability' and then shows a screen which says that it will 'notify you when Samsung pay becomes available on your phone. Ive attached an screenshot of the screen that I'm getting. Any help to fix this would be much appreciated.Screenshot_20171029-000123.png

Screenshot_20171029-000133.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It’s certainly available in the U.K. @SamUnderwood

Did you import your phone from another country ?

Your screenshot seems to point to U.S - United States. 

Does your U.K. Bank Support Samsung Pay yet as not all currently do. 

If a Uk network or Samsung U.K. supplied the phone then try clearing the cache and data of the Samsung Pay App and then go to Playstore and under my apps delete it there too. 

Then soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

Then go back to the Playstore and redownload it. 

Please come back back to the Forum if your still experiencing issues. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SamUnderwood
First Poster
Options
Thanks, I'll try that. I bought my phone off eBay and I'm not sure which country it came from but it is definitely from within Europe and it came with a UK plug.
0 Likes
SamUnderwood
First Poster
Options
I just did everything you said and I'm still getting the same screen.
0 Likes
Solution
Bertbert
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.  The phone was bought for me as a Christmas gift so I can't be sure it was originally from the UK.  The initial language setup was German, so I'd guess not :).  I did the first setup without a sim installed.

Anyway I was able to resolve the problem by putting in my UK sim and then doing a full factory reset.  I also made sure not to install Android Pay second time round just in case, although that probably has nothing to do with it.  After the reset the default language was UK and I was able to set up Samsung Pay without any issues.

Hope this helps someone.

Jessie1
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same problem. Just wonder if you have fixed yours. I have reset my phone with a sim but still not working. 

0 Likes
rkt
Student
Options
install Samsung info app from Play Store. You can get information regarding country of origin etc.
0 Likes