Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay+ not working

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 04:58 PM)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have been using Google Pay for years but thought I'd give Samsung Pay+ a go as my Halifax Visa debit cards cannot be used with Samsung Pay directly. 😶

Everything is setup correctly (I think), if I open the Samsung Pay app I see a black Mastercard with Samsung Pay+ written on it (card issued by Samsung Pay+ and Curve which then debits my Visa card?). I was in a shop today and tried to pay but it wouldn't work! I got a notification telling me something along the lines of "Your default travel card can only be used for PAY GO". What the hell does that mean?

With Google Pay I just unlock my phone and tap. This Samsung Pay is full of extra steps and work arounds and it still doesn't work for me.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I've read all that prior to posting and setting up Samsung Pay+.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

So this was the exact notification I got:

Transport cards can only be used for Pay as you go. Swipe up to open Samsung Pay and use biometric or PIN verification to complete this purchase.

I unlocked my phone and tapped but got the above. I didn't originally open the Samsung Pay app but did after reading the above notification and when I had my payment card on screen (with the countdown counting down) I tapped, nothing happened at that point!

Anyway, what is a Transport card? I don't own, need or want one and I definitely didn't set one up!

Current Devices:
0 Likes
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
you can easily disable the card. Simply tap on your Transport Card located in your Samsung Pay homepage.2 Select the 3 Dots located top right of the page.3 Tap on Set up transport card.4 Toggle off Use transport card.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Ah thanks... I couldn't find the toggle option for the life or death of me!

Transport card is now disabled. 👍

Current Devices:
MikeZZL
First Poster
Options
Great, but what about not being able to make the contact less payment in the first place? It makes me wonder whether people are actually taking the time to read through the questions...
0 Likes
MikeZZL
First Poster
Options
I touched my phone on the contact less reader this morning and got the same message about transport card. I don't want to deactivate the transport card feature. I just want to be able to touch the contact less reader in store and complete the purchase, as I would with google pay, I.e. touch and go or touch, finger print and go. Is this possible with samsung pay+ or not?
0 Likes
katie897
First Poster
Options
was this resolved? having the same problem
0 Likes