Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Pay+ not working

(Topic created on: 04/06/21 17:07)
WelshPaul
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

I have been using Google Pay for years but thought I'd give Samsung Pay+ a go as my Halifax Visa debit cards cannot be used with Samsung Pay directly. 😶

Everything is setup correctly (I think), if I open the Samsung Pay app I see a black Mastercard with Samsung Pay+ written on it (card issued by Samsung Pay+ and Curve which then debits my Visa card?). I was in a shop today and tried to pay but it wouldn't work! I got a notification telling me something along the lines of "Your default travel card can only be used for PAY GO". What the hell does that mean?

With Google Pay I just unlock my phone and tap. This Samsung Pay is full of extra steps and work arounds and it still doesn't work for me.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 256Gb > Model: SM-G998B/DS. Samsung One Ui 3.1 / Android 11.

Samsung Galaxy Watch3 > Model: SM-R840.
Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xSteveuk
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
you can easily disable the card. Simply tap on your Transport Card located in your Samsung Pay homepage.2 Select the 3 Dots located top right of the page.3 Tap on Set up transport card.4 Toggle off Use transport card.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

I've read all that prior to posting and setting up Samsung Pay+.

Current Phone ~

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 256Gb > Model: SM-G998B/DS. Samsung One Ui 3.1 / Android 11.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

So this was the exact notification I got:

Transport cards can only be used for Pay as you go. Swipe up to open Samsung Pay and use biometric or PIN verification to complete this purchase.

I unlocked my phone and tapped but got the above. I didn't originally open the Samsung Pay app but did after reading the above notification and when I had my payment card on screen (with the countdown counting down) I tapped, nothing happened at that point!

Anyway, what is a Transport card? I don't own, need or want one and I definitely didn't set one up!

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Solution
xSteveuk
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
you can easily disable the card. Simply tap on your Transport Card located in your Samsung Pay homepage.2 Select the 3 Dots located top right of the page.3 Tap on Set up transport card.4 Toggle off Use transport card.

View solution in context

WelshPaul
Voyager
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Ah thanks... I couldn't find the toggle option for the life or death of me!

Transport card is now disabled. 👍

Current Phone ~