Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay Not Working on S21 Ultra!

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 12:07 PM)
K1mar
Journeyman
Options

Changed from my Galaxy S10+ with working Samsung Pay last week to my new Galaxy S21 Ultra and Samsung Pay was missing from my device in the UK. I installed in from the Google Play store but the service doesn't seem to be available. When will this be active/fixed?

15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options

@K1mar: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'm not aware of any issues affecting Samsung Pay at the moment, so you may be experiencing a temporary issue. What does it say when you attempt to access the app? Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Samsung Pay > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your S21 Ultra to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
K1mar
Journeyman
Options
When I uninstalled, tried installing it from Galaxy Store-the app is not there. I tried installing from the Samsung website through their link, it says

The content isn't compatible with your phone.
To report the issue, go to Settings > Contact us and enter the error code below
(com.samsung.android.spay:2290:9908:54829277012)

Forgot to mention, Clear Cache and Clear Data and restarting doesn't help

unnamed.jpg

Tom8891
First Poster
Options
Same. My Samsung pay doesn't work. It is saying i have to wait to be available on my phone. I have a s21 ultra as well.
Members_bwJmBLz
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a Galaxy S21 Ultra and have exactly the same issue.

• Link on Samsung website results in an error code
  • App doesn't exist in the Galaxy store
  • Download from Google Play, but app says "Not supported on this device"

I have tried the clear cache/data, reset my phone and even done a Factory Reset but nothing helps

Lonestarjacket
Apprentice
Options

Same problem.

Surely you can't continue to claim you haven't heard of an issue anymore?

Since it isn't shown as available for "your device" for S21 Ultra uninstall and reinstall is out of the question.

Samsung Pay worked fine for years on my S 10 +

Can someone at Samsung give us a better answer than "clear cache and restart"?

I'd wager most people already tried such obvious steps.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey all,

Can I ask where did you get the phone from and where are you based? Keep in mind that this app is only available in some countries, which means that the app may not be compatible if the phone is from a region where this is not yet available. 

0 Likes
K1mar
Journeyman
Options
I got the phone from Carphonewarehouse UK, I'm based in London, UK
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that @K1mar . In this case, I would recommend sending our developers an Error Report to investigate why your phone is not compatible with the Samsung Pay app after trying to set this on your phone (or within 5 minutes of the issue happening) from Samsung Members> Get help> Error Report> Select Symptoms and add a description of the issue along with the screenshot showing the error message that you receive. 

K1mar
Journeyman
Options
I've spoken to multiple personnel from Samsung and sent in various requested information with not response. Samsung Pay is not on the store when checked. when installed from play store there is NO error to report but again I will follow your advice and post the page that comes up when the app is opened.