Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not showing an an option for galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 02:49 PM)
Annish00
Student
Options

Hi, 

I've got a Samsung S8+ and have just bought a galaxy watch. I have Samsung pay installed on my phone but it doesn't show up as an option in the galaxy wearable app (although Samsung pay shows up under notifications, it's not there under apps?) . How can I get Samsung pay onto the galaxy watch?

42 REPLIES 42
Nelsonrob8
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Works fine on my S8. No app available in the wearable app same as your screenshot. Brand new galaxy watch (SM-R800) bought from reputable UK seller today 27/12718.

Cannot find any answer on web.  Samsung moderators please progress these issues.

AntS
Options

Hi all.

Are you able to check and post which version of the Wearables app and plugin you're using? (Open Galaxy Wearable app > About Galaxy Wearable.)

@GeorgeC: Any thoughts on this one?

0 Likes
Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

Hi, please see screenshotScreenshot_20181228-143428_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For comparison Mine is...

Screenshot_20181228-144743_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ryben92
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same issue. 

Dessie
Student
Options

Same issue, very frustrating. I changed my card provider to suit samsung pay and specifically to use with the watch. 

Please help.

Dresjanjr
First Poster
Options

Same problem To me. I dont have option showing samsung pay.... I bought mine watch in Portugal and I am trying To use in Brasil. 

0 Likes
Nelsonrob8
Apprentice
Options

My problem with Samsung Pay solved. Although the Galaxy Watch was  purchased in the UK, this turned out to be a Romanian version. Should have realised when the default set up language was Romanian!! Returned to dealer and explained and offered a full refund. Went to another retailer and bought UK version, model number ending in ABTU. Works perfect straight out of box. No Samsung Pay issues 🙂

Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

This is good news congrats. I have spoken with my partner who got me the watch and she purchased it from Appliances Direct, and the wording shows Samsung Pay should work etc.

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/sm-r800nzsabtu/samsung-smr800nzsabtu-galaxy-watch-smart-watche

Model is 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 2018 Bluetooth 46mm - Silver
Quantity: 1
Item Code: SM-R800NZSABTU

I have emailed them with my issue and asked for confirmation the watch they supply is 100% a UK model.

Will update when they come back to me in 48 hours

0 Likes
Nelsonrob8
Apprentice
Options

That's where I bought my first one. There should be a sticker on the box. Mine said SM-R800NZSAROM and as I posted earlier, when setting up the default language was Romanian. Also, the advert on the website says it is SM-R800NZSABTU. But mine obviously was not. Offered me refund, apparently no alternative I.e. UK version could be offered.

0 Likes