Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not letting me sign up (Postcode)

(Topic created on: 31-12-2021 03:18 AM)
Pungy
First Poster
Options

Im from the UK specifically Scotland and my samsung pay will not let me sign up, I fill out everything and then I get to the part where it asks me to fill out my registration address and I do everything other then the Postcode because I can not enter my postcode as I can't use letters and my postcode has letters in it and I've tried everything even just using 00000 or some random numbers in hopes of getting through but I do not understand what it's asking me. If there is something I'm missing please tell me 

14 REPLIES 14
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try using another browser Samsung Internet
May solve the issue
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pungy: Which device are you attempting to set up Samsung Pay on, and where did you purchase it from? Are you able to post a screenshot of the relevant registration page, so I can gain a better understanding of the issue? 

0 Likes
Tony6677
First Poster
Options
Doesn't give the option. It's all within the app on the phone
DkalL_Mc
Explorer
Options

I am having exactly the same issue with s3 frontier. The pay app on phone is working fine but when I try to import the card to my s3 pay app it asks  for the cvv code and that's fine, but at the postcode input point only a numerical pad comes up so it's impossible to enter the postcode. 

I think the issue for me is that my s3 frontier is a US version and obviously they use numerical zip code not a uk postcode. 

Either way I am very disappointed in samsung with them not being able to help me with this. As the support team after pontificating over the problem for almost an hour had no idea how to resolve the issue. Also they referred me to the samsung pay team and the number provided connected but then apologised as is couldn't connect due to some issue. Asking me to try again later. Only for the same thing to happen again!!! 

Sort it! SAMSUNG!!! We pay a lot to use the devices. So fix our problems please!!!!

DkalL_Mc
Explorer
Options

I managed to use numbers to do it. So use the correct number where possible in the correct position but replace the letters with random numbers. This worked for me after about a year of trying. 

DkalL_Mc
Explorer
Options

Did you even read the problem? No a different browser has 0 to do with samsung pay!

0 Likes
DkalL_Mc
Explorer
Options

Irrelevant.... I had the same issue. And many do! Its almost like that part of the os when the phone is pached defaults to a USA setup process for Samsung pay this results in a incompatibility issue for a zip code instead of a uk postcode. 

0 Likes
Members_kxDfqXI
First Poster
Options

I'm having same problem with Samsung Wallet (Pay).  Won't accept 7 alphanumeric UK Post code on my S20 and doesn't accept UK mobile number with or without +44.  Looks like it is hard wired to US format.  I have even corrected my address and location in the Wallet profile.  I did get my Mastercard debit card working with 5 zeros but my MC credit card fails to he accepted - cards are from different banks.  Very disappointed with Samsung for the first time ever!

0 Likes
Members_6N39W2n
First Poster
Options

I've just added my debit card by entering 00000 where it asks for zip code

0 Likes