Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay in Ireland 2020

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 02:20 PM)
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

It's now 2020, half a decade since Samsung announced Samsung Pay is coming to Ireland. 

Can someone at Samsung make an effort pushing this up to some decision maker?

If you'd buy a Samsung smart watch you can't use any sort of mobile payment service. If you buy a cheap Chinese brand you get mobile payment with Google Pay.  Why should I replace my Galaxy Watch Active with a Samsung alternative when those are my options? 

32 REPLIES 32
TD90
Apprentice
Options

Totally agree. It's an absolute joke that Samsung pay has still not been rolled out in Ireland. I have been using Samsung phones since the S3 in 2013. I own a Samsung active watch. I want to use Samsung pay. I have emailed various services in the hope of getting a meaningful answer but to no avail. The best I got (see attached) was a meaningless answer about Samsung efforts to roll out Samsung Pay worldwide (incidentally I also asked that Google Pay be ported to Tizen so Samsung smartwatch users could use NFC payment where SPay was not available).Screenshot_20200122-080029_Chrome.jpg

The Irish Times reported the roll out of Samsung pay in 2017...

I think the fact that Samsung can not give a definitive yes or no, or even a timeline, on this  issue shows a great deal of contempt towards Irish Samsung users & will ultimately result in the failure of Tizen to compete with Android smart wear. Screenshot_20200122-075255_Samsung Members.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This is a lack of respect with Samsung's customers in Ireland. You try to be loyal to a brand, because it is indeed a pretty good brand, but they force us to go to other providers. But they don't seem to care.

I made a honest mistake by not research before buying my Galaxy Watch. 

TD90
Apprentice
Options
Yeah if I could go back I would've bought an Android watch instead. I had no idea Samsung pay wasn't available in Ireland!
NC4
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have just bought my first active 2 watch, Had fitbit versa and google pay.  I can't believe watch is selling without samsung pay working!!! Is there any sign of this coming? or will I bring watch back??

Thanks,

TD90
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I would bring it back & change it for a wear OS device. Samsung have no intention of bringing Samsung pay to Ireland. Sorry!
NC4
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for reply! Unbelievable! Any reason why?  Would they not allow google pay if no sansung pay??  Its 2020 FGS!!!

0 Likes
KerleyS
Journeyman
Options

Don't give Samsung a hard time on this issue folks. Get onto your bank and put the pressure on them.

It's up to the banks to decide to offer Samsung Pay, not a Samsung decision to exclude Irish banks.

I'm with AIB and have asked them repeatedly about this. The more pressure they get on this, the more likely they are to get it. Once one of the Irish banks decides to offer the service, they all will so they don't get left behind.

comizone777
Apprentice
Options
like this and if we get over 100 likes they would try to bring this feature to ireland which will put pressure on other banks to roll this feature out as it is not samsung fault.
https://twitter.com/theakhilpramod/status/1245013843593572352
0 Likes
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

I would like it if I had a Twitter account, but unfortunately I don't :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes