Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay in dual language

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 07:29 PM)
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

I am trying to setup Samsung pay on my A7 phone. It registers OK but once registered I get most details in English but I get a confirmation email in Italian and the Promotions and vouchers are all in Italian. I remember when the phone was new I visited Italy on holiday and phone automatically downloaded Samsung Pay IT which I thought was because I was there !  Now I have come to use it it seems to be the Italian App and I can't remove it ! Samsung experts suggested it may be due to a phone for Italian Market but I checked IMEI number with them and they confirmed it is a UK phone. I have tried 3 times to speak to them but they don't seem to have any idea ? Any help gratefully accepted.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

yep tried all this but cannot delete App Fully on this old version.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes it can be uninstalled, the Samsung pay app is available on the regular google play store, get it from that instead of the galaxy store
0 Likes
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options
Hi that doesn't work. I only get 'disable' and f'orce stop' options' on the App on my phone. there is no uninstall option. I can download the App from the link you sent but when I try and install it fails. I guess as the other one hasn't been removed.
0 Likes
Piotr G
First Poster
Options

Same problem, literally just turned on my S21 Ultra and I live in UK and everything is in Italian, WTF Can someoone help! I even opened a new Samsung account, same thing!!!

0 Likes
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem with my A5. Samsung confirmed my phone was a UK phone and suggested various things but never solved the problem. I couldn't use Samsung pay. I have now upgraded my phone and haven't bothered with Samsung pay on this new one now. Wasn't that pleased that Samsung didn't own or resolve the problem.
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Exactly the same problem only difference is i never visited Italy with this phone. App was in English initially and from last few weeks it is showing Italian language. I have tried resetting the Samsung pay app but it does not help. No issues in making payments in UK. Everything is working but the language is Italian. Tapping on the offers in app takes me to Samsung Italy website
0 Likes