Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay in dual language

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 06:02 PM)
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

I am trying to setup Samsung pay on my A7 phone. It registers OK but once registered I get most details in English but I get a confirmation email in Italian and the Promotions and vouchers are all in Italian. I remember when the phone was new I visited Italy on holiday and phone automatically downloaded Samsung Pay IT which I thought was because I was there !  Now I have come to use it it seems to be the Italian App and I can't remove it ! Samsung experts suggested it may be due to a phone for Italian Market but I checked IMEI number with them and they confirmed it is a UK phone. I have tried 3 times to speak to them but they don't seem to have any idea ? Any help gratefully accepted.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can change the language in your samsung account, you can do it through this members app, go to settings>samsung account>personal info>language, which should change the language of emails and notifications you get.
You can also change your google play country so that the correct region app can be downloaded if applicable.
0 Likes
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

I am already set to Language English and Country UK. It is odd as I have looked further and the PAY Terms of Service are in IT and so is Privacy Notices but Open Source Licenses is in English. Most of the stuff is in English but not helpful when I receive account registration details in Italian which I don't understand.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
If its all set to English, then its strange for it to come in Italian. Are u able to download the app again, or download an apk to force it to apply an update. Try deleting all its data first.
0 Likes
robdevilXI
Explorer
Options
Reset phone with UK sim inserted while being in UK physically. You can make backup befor reset. Problem solved.
0 Likes
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

I tried all this and when I go to Galaxy Store I only get the  option for Samsung Pay Italy !! really odd. Samsung support confirmed the phone is a UK phone so no idea why it is doing this other than it got downloaded when I was in Italy ! I can seem to uninstall the APP ... only reset it ! Is there a way to uninstall it ?  

0 Likes
Thatcher58
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes am in UK .. When you say reset phone... do you mean Factory default ? A bit severe 🙂 And I can guarantee I will lose something !

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
No not factory reset your phone, just deleting the app data and cache before updating the app, but if you say your samsung store is showing the Italian version then you need to update the apk with the UK version
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
https://m.apkpure.com/samsung-pay/com.samsung.android.spay
Download the apk English version see if it updates the app to UK version. Make sure to delete the data and cache in ur current PAY app before installing the apk and applying the update
0 Likes
robdevilXI
Explorer
Options
It won't help. Phone has to be setup from scratch.
0 Likes