Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay does not recognise Tesco clubcard

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:58 AM)
Ashymano
Student
Options
Hello there,

I've noticed that Samsung pay does not have Tesco clubcard in the list of loyalty cards. So i added the card manually to the loyalty cards list.

The problem is Tesco clubcards are having only QR codes on them. So while I enter the card number onto Samsung pay it then creates a barcode. This barcode never works at Tesco tills.

So it's very inconvenient to have a Samsung pay app and then either carry your tesco card with you or again start using Google pay. I have to say Google pay immediately recognises that Tesco clubcard is a QR code and it generates it instantly within the app.

Not very convenient Samsung pay, unless you want to fix this issue.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
Sadly Samsung pay doesn't support lot's of cards. I'm using Google pay is support all of loyalty cards and all bank cards. I have galaxy watch but I can't use for paying because Samsung pay not support Natwest bank. 😕
mb2706
Pioneer
Options
My barcode works every time,I use it on their scan as you shop to release the scanner, I've always found the tills temperamental even with a clubcard
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
So samsung pay to accept tescos credit card you need a card called "curve" where you can add all your cards to, its like a card version of Samsung/ Google pay, you can choose which card you want to use in the curve app. There are 3 cards, from free to £14.99 per month, but the paid cards do come with benefits like phone insurance and airport lounge access. Curve used to be owned by another company but recently is now associated somehow with Samsung. The best part about the card which I think is, "the anti embarrass". Which you can have your main payment card but also have a backup so when your at the till, if the main card doesn't have sufficient funds it automatically uses the backup card.......... Hope this has been useful
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
Oh and it also accepts loyalty cards
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Simply download the Tesco apps you need, and the dedicated app will generate a qr code. There's a tesco app similar to PayPal that you can use to pay for your purchases, and your club card is automatically linked to it.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A bit more about the Curve card here for those  interested, note  credit card purchases not protected by Section 75 however  protected by Mastercard "chargeback rights"   Curve has its own Customer protection of up to £100,000.

https://moneytothemasses.com/banking/curve-review-the-smart-card-that-combines-all-cards-into-one 

https://www.curve.com/en-gb/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Bird123
First Poster
Options

Do you know if you can still collect clubcard points doing it this way? TIA

0 Likes
Alcuin
First Poster
Options
Can't find that functionality?
0 Likes
TechnoSteve