Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay Declined

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 02:31 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have noticed my Samsung pay has started to be declined frequently so I have contacted my bank the Halifax and the op told me that they are ending support for Samsung Pay and focusing on Google and Apple Pay and said other banks are in the process of doing the same? Has anyone else experienced this and can you recommend an alternative UK bank that will continue with Samsung pay. This is an issue for me as I have updated to the Beta One UI 5 on my S22 Ultra which currently doesn't allow Google Pay? I will either have to revert back or bin the phone for now as I need the pay method as part of my job.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
That's terrible I'm with the Halifax
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
download curve it part of samsung pay it work with almost debit and credit card, I'm with barclay and barclay no support samsung pay be with curve you can
rhyd1am
Explorer
Options
If you're looking for an alternative. Then there are only really 2 that I've found for the UK.

Curve, which I think is now linked to Samsung Pay. I've been using it for a couple of years (before my S22 Ultra), and it's a pretty useful option. I have most of my accounts linked to my curve card, and it allows you to use any of your other accounts via your curve card.

The other option (more reliable sometimes) is Starling, but with this option you'd have to open a new account essentially. They're an online banking option. The only issue I have with it, is that is not my main account, so in order to use it I transfer money each week from my main bank account into Starling, but if at least allows me to use Samsung pay 🙂
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you I have Curve on my phone, it had a £2 limit as I hadn't validated my ID so I've validated my ID. I'll carry some cash around with me just in case as it can be unpleasant having phone and cards declined.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you, I do have Curve, I've updated my ID I just have to work out how to use it. I may need to open another bank account to use with this phone. Or go back to One UI 4 so I can use Google pay. Last resort is get an alternative phone to use for work
JimmyAmigo
Pioneer
Options
I use Nationwide and that works with Samsung Pay
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you, I have a savings acct in Nationwide so may try opening a current account with them
0 Likes