Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay Card - All transactions declined

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 03:18 PM)
ddb2k
Explorer
Options

I have recently set up my Samsung Pay Card via Curve. Please note that this post is not referring to Samsung Pay. I have added a mix of credit and debit cards from MBNA, Natwest, LLoyds and Barclays in the curve app. I have successfully activated each of the cards and have selected one of them as the primary card to be used by Curve. I first tried to use the Samsung Pay Card via my Galaxy Fold 2 on Saturday and all payments with different retailers were declined. I received notifications from the Curve app that the transactions had been declined. All my bank accounts and credit cards are active and without any issues. I have checked with two of the banks and they confirm that they had not declined any transactions on Saturday. Indeed it seems as though the transactions never hit their systems. The cards work as expected via touch, pin code and Google Pay. The problem seems to sit with Curve. I have emailed Curve on Saturday explaining this issue but haven't heard back. So far, I am not a big fan of their customer service. Any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18
Mattglo
Apprentice
Options
I am having the same problem! And I am frustrated!
0 Likes
Mattglo
Apprentice
Options

Hi, update received from Samsung is that there is an ongoing issue with the samsung pay card method. They are 'working' around the clock to resolve the issue. For now you will not be able to use this payment method!

0 Likes
ddb2k
Explorer
Options

I have also been on the phone to Samsung this morning. I was taken through a process of deleting the cache and data for the Samsung Pay app. I then had to set it all up again and re activate the Samsung Pay Card. There was no mention of an ongoing issue with the Samsung Pay Card. I haven't had the chance to test the payment method yet but will do so later on today. Samsung support is very disjointed and flakey and it seems Curve is even worse.  

0 Likes
Mattglo
Apprentice
Options

I wholly agree that Curve is worse! I have been having this issue since Saturday morning, spent countless hours on the phone and online trying to get the issue resolved, but to no avail. I was hoping to use the Samsung pay card, which is nicely showing up on my phone, to buy an item on Samsung.com, so that I can avail the 5% cashback promise. I have a feeling that they do not wish to honour this promise. Maybe as it is the Black Friday season? I don't know. I will try to set it all up again and reactivate the pay card. Disappointing to be honest. Too much time wasted and I am ready to give up. This has already left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Btw, the message was received from Samsung Pay card chat. I also spoke to a lady on the phone this morning who confirmed that they were having issues and to use a different card. Highly disappointing service. I wish to let them know this loud and clear.

0 Likes
Mattglo
Apprentice
Options

Please update if your Samsung pay card works. Thanks

0 Likes
ddb2k
Explorer
Options

I tested my Samsung Pay Card yesterday with a purchase from Amazon and it worked as expected, the transaction wasn't declined.

I received a confirmation in the Curve app timeline and an app notification of a successful transaction.

All that I had done prior to that is reported above; deleting cache and data for the app and resyncing with Curve as advised by Samsung Pay Card technical help.

As to whether there were any back end issues that were also resolved yesterday around the same time, I cannot tell. 

I'll test the contactless payment from my Fold 2 later on today. 

Hey2019
Explorer
Options

I have had several transactions declined whilst using the Samsung Pay Card app , however, the Physical card that was sent to me works no problem.  The annoying thing is , is that i realize that this is in fact a joint venture between Samsung and Curve, it does seem that any problems with using  Samsung Pay card, Samsung seem to want to put all the responsibility over to curve , and curve are being very slow to respond.  Samsung seems to want to deny that there is a problem, or in fact deny that others are also having a problem.  "This is not a known issue we are aware of," is what im being told via facebook messenger , which is typical Samsung stick our heads into the sand  

Mattglo
Apprentice
Options

Oh, this is great to hear. I have just tried the card in the shop but it was declined again! I will go through this cache deleting process again and will let you know how I get on...

0 Likes
ddb2k
Explorer
Options

I have successfully made a contactless Samsung Pay Card payment from my Galaxy Fold 2. So I can confirm that the service is now woking for me as expected.

0 Likes