Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay Banks Supported Devices List - Samsung Pay not supported by Santander on Gear S3 in UK

(Topic created on: 02-10-2017 11:31 AM)
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,

After trying for a few weeks at adding my Santander card to my Gear S3 Samsung Pay app it turns out that Santander do not support this device for Samsung Pay.

Would the moderators and / or admins please make a post either on the website or the forum with Known Supported and Not supported device lists for each bank and country?

This has been a major pain in the ass to find out just for one bank...

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TracyR
Options

Hey @Aterfax

I'll look into this for you and as soon as there's word, myself or one of the other mods will get back to you.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Hey @Aterfax,

Just a quick update: We're still looking into this with some of the higher ups, and will return as soon as there's a response. 

In the mean time you may want to give the Samsung Pay helpline a call: 0330 7267729,

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

I've been in contact with Samsung Pay via 1:1 enquiry and they've forwarded the issue to the devs? They have no solution for us at this point which is no surprise:

Pretty sure this problem is on Santander as they have yet to authorise the Gear S3 as a Samsung Pay device (words from their mouth.)

Honestly, it would be less irritating if the fact it won't work was made clear by the bank or Santander i.e. having a banks supported devices list.

0 Likes
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

I have now been told that this problem will be fixed in the next version of Samsung Pay yet to be released (not available to me at least)

Version 1.6.6605

I don't appreciate them closing my ticket with the issue unresolved...

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Kindly know we received an answer from the Samsung Pay developers.

They have informed us that the issue has been solved with the updated 1.6.6605 version of the Samsung Pay application.

Therefore, please update the application to the newest version and register your card.

0 Likes
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options
Santander is now showing the Gear S3 as supported on their Samsung Pay info page.

I got an update to the Samsung Pay application on my phone today.

Versions now show as -

Gear Version: 1.5.1405
Mobile Version: 1.5.2005

This update has NOT fixed the problem and I still cannot register my Santander debit card.
0 Likes
BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Aterfax

Our Samsung Pay team have confirmed that the Gear S3 is not yet supported by Santander. If you have any further questions about this then we'd point you in the direction of the Samsung Pay team on 0330 7267729. 

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
0 Likes
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

Despite the fact the Santander site (http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/samsung-pay) has been updated to say the Gear S3 Smart Watch is now supported.

I rang up to ask and check and was told, no it is not supported still.

Someone at Santander needs a slap.

Can someone at Samsung clarify whether Samsung Pay for Gear S3 will only work on Santander if the phone you use to set it up is also Samsung?

My phone is an Asus Zenfone 2, which oddly enough Santander are happily enough allowing Android Pay to work on...

0 Likes
Solution
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

Can confirm that Samsung Pay is now working on my Gear S3 with the following Versions of Samsung Pay:

Gear Version: 1.5.7006
Mobile Version: 1.5.6506

And the following version of Tizen: 3.0.0.1

Knox Version 2.2.0

0 Likes