Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay 5% cashback

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 10:56 AM)
keysersoze1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys,

Appreciate any help. Just purchased S21 + via Samsung website, used Samsung pay to get the 5% but not showing up on my Curve app. Last year I purchased S20+ and the cashback came onto my Curve digital account. Tried contacting Samsung but not much help, said contact curve but I can't find any details. Any ideas anyone?

😊 thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
KSarov
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. Ordered an S21 Ultra this morning and realized that on the payment method you DONT have to use Samsung Pay. You have to use a credit/debit card and enter the details of the virtual card from Curve! This is EXTREMELY confusing (the whole process and the naming scheme as well - Samsung Pay is a technology, Samsung Pay+ is a card...). I've contacted Customer Service and they basically confirmed that. Now I am wondering should I just return the device when it is delivered and not reorder it again since my experience from ordering the device is that frustrating. I don't mind paying the full price but now I feel like I am scammed.  And I am SWITCHING to a Samsung device (the top-end one). Advice to Samsung - If you are going to advertise an offer please make it clear and simple, otherwise, your customers may feel scammed after they realize they have made a small mistake from all the steps they had to do to claim this offer. This was a 2 min search in the community forum and I've found a person who made the same mistake from yesterday. This is totally intentional. I am only not sure who wanted to scam me - Samsung or Curve. It would be nice if you at least offer a voucher for customers like us. We are going to buy more devices from the ecosystem anyway so at least a voucher with 5% of the money we paid for our smartphones would be acceptable. Thanks

V8SAH
Apprentice
Options

Trying to purchase a Samsung TV with Samsung Pay+ is a total nightmare. I want to buy a £2,500 TV from the Samsung.com website and, according to the promotion, if i pay using Samsung Pay+, I will get 5% cashback through Curve...... except that Curve won't allow me to make any payment over £2000 because that is the payment limit they put on everyone's card until such time as you have bought loads of stuff through them when they might decode to give you a higher limit .... Until then and irrespective of your personal credit rating and the huge credit limits you may have on any of the credit cards you register with Curve, you will not be able to purchase ANYTHING ABOVE £2,000 and pay with Samsung Pay+ to qualify for the 5% cashback. I have complained to  Samsung and Curve and neither of them will sort this out. Consequently, I believe that their promotion  stating that  you will receive "5% cashback on all purchases made using Samsung Pay+ on Samsung.com until 30.06.21. Offer can be used with any other Samsung.com offer" is false advertising because it makes no mention of the £2,000 maximum payment limit imposed by Curve on any Samsung Pay+ purchase.  

V8SAH
Apprentice
Options

Incidentally, If you make any purchase using Samsung Pay (as opposed to Samsung Pay+), my understanding is that you will not qualify for the 5% cash back.

KSarov
Journeyman
Options

Correct

0 Likes
V8SAH
Apprentice
Options
......and I thought the idea of a sales promotion was to incentivise people to buy and thereby increase sales! ...... Not put limits on their ability to buy your most expensive products. Bloody ridiculous.
0 Likes
latinoheat76
First Poster
Options
Is there a 5% cashback at the moment using Samsung pay+?
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Very unclear as they seem to have removed all references to the 5% cashback  from purchases on the Samsung Online Shop from their website.

I suspect it has finally ended but maybe other have tried more recently and can report back?

0 Likes
iPhone_McGee
Explorer
Options

I found this, so don't expect any cashback

Earn cashback and use all the features Samsung Pay+ has to offer – until 31 July 2021 2021 this includes an exclusive 5% cashback when you buy absolutely anything from Samsung.com

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks. Link could be helpful for others though.

That's interesting though as it's not the first time I've seen them suggest it was time limited... But found it still in place.

I think it was a hook to get people on Pay+. I wonder if they are actually tied to it still...
0 Likes