Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pass

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 07:18 PM)
ECinSF
Apprentice
Options

I'm setting up the latest Samsung Pass version on my phone specifically to use the keyless entry option for my cars. Pass keeps asking me to set up the Samsung Pay portion (to use the phone for my credit card transactions), which I will NOT do. Does this application seriously expect me to put my credit cards on the phone so I can unlock my car doors, as if they have ANYTHING to do with each other? If someone tells me I HAVE to use the Samsung Pay portion of this app just so I can use the Keyless Entry portion of the app, THAT will be the final nail in the Samsung coffin for me! I'm so disgusted with what Samsung has de-evolved into (on top of the fact that I purchased their most expensive phone, thinking I would get their BEST phone with less issues -- have been ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED!!).

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
KevP79
Voyager
Options
The only model car that seems to be supported is BMW, and they have an official app for that feature (and a whole lot more) anyway. Another obsolete feature (unless I'm missing something).

BMW App (which the samsung app forwards you to) :-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bmw.connected.mobile20.rowScreenshot_20221125_192541_Samsung Wallet.jpg
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Yeah, you're doing it wrong. You set up the app for your car, and it then adds the key via Smartthings to your Wallet.

In my experience, all that IoT stuff works WAY better on iPhone. Way, way better, to the point where I keep an iPhone in the house to set up all this sort of stuff because it just works first time, every time. Samsung and other Android phones are just bad when it come to all this sort of stuff, I'm sorry to say.
0 Likes