Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pass - Getting another password page asking to enter a password after already entering it?

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 04:29 PM)
Jim1966
Apprentice
Options

Hi might be a silly question but just transferred my apps over from my old oppo phone and when I put in my passwords Samsung pass is asking if I want to save the passwords I'm clicking yes it's asking for my password for pass I'm putting that in but then I'm getting another password page asking to enter a password but I'm not sure what the second one is ? Is it Google? I've got the s21 ultra now 

Thanks in advance Jim

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Try going into settings and search for Samsung Pass and log in/register for it first (you need a samsung account to use samsung pass if you haven't already set one up) before trying to save passwords in apps and doing it that way.
0 Likes
Jim1966
Apprentice
Options
Thanks tried that the other password page comes up there isn't even an option to say I've forgotten my password on this page strange
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Any chance of a screenshot of the second page you see? Please hide any personal data such as your email address.
0 Likes
Members_xvxmx4p
First Poster
Options

I had this problem it's as simple as the second password is the password you have set up when the phone first boots up from power on. I googled everything and nearly gave up in the end I just tried power up password because I'd tried every other one and it worked. I also noticed that the app was hidden until I did the above. Keith 

Stobe
First Poster
Options

Thanks, this was it for me. It is weird they do not say at all which password they actually require there. Pretty bad UI design once more from Samsung 😕